Don't you hate it when you create your own problems?

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
Just went through a series of 2 rounds of fw updates to include using the system restore bank that nukes everything and two complete installations all of the factory banks. The problem I was having was this weird thin almost phase type issue. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't right. I figured that there was some weird bug going on as others have had to nuke things a couple times to get them right.

Yeah.....um.... "someone" had apparently decided to go in and dick around with the control panel of my audio interface and set the damn thing to mono inputs and since I'm (I mean "someone") is super anal he mutes every input that is not in use. So basically I was listening to the left output of the AxeFXII panned to the middle. Like I said it wasn't the worst thing in the world that I've ever heard, but it wasn't right. :lol

I absolutely hate the MOTU CueMix control panel. The Focusrite one that I had with my Saffire 24Pro DSP was logical and I could get around in that thing all day long. But alas "someone" had to have a master word clock output and extra inputs to mute incorrectly. Seriously though, this mixer panel sucks ass.

It's the foibles of technology. The price we have for rigs on the bleeding edge of tech ;-)

Reminds me of a gig I had on Tuesday. I was debuting my new AxeFX 2 and I had my Scenes all setup, ready to unleash a killer solo sound. When I hit one of my expression pedals, instead of beautiful Wah, I noticed my sound cutting out. Later that night I realized I'd plugged the expression pedal I use for Wah into the input I've set for Volume, and vice versa with my other pedal.

Maybe the AxeFX 3 will compensate for human error ;-)

Back
Top Bottom