Donner DB-3 pedalboard...pleasant surprise

Ben Randolph

Power User
I've been thinking of building another pedalboard recently. I already have 2 Pedaltrain Pros, one holding my MFC-101 and 2 Mission EP-1s and another with a 10 pedal traditional pedalboard (I still love tube amps).

Additionally, as a grab-n-go solution I have a Pedaltrain Nano that holds generally 2-3 essential pedals.

I've been thinking of a medium-sized board, bigger than the Nano but smaller than the Pro. I took a chance on the Donner DB-3 aluminum board.

https://www.donnerdeal.com/products...board-case-db-3-aluminium-pedalboard-with-bag

I got it last night. Overall impressions are that this is not a bad board for the price. The bag it comes with, as far as I can tell, is pretty much identical to the one that ships with Pedaltrain boards. Nothing to write home about...good for light use, but I wouldn't expect it to last a long time with heavy use. I use a Mono M80 bag for my Pedaltrain Pros, and this board will likely spend most of it's time in my studio. So the flimsy bag isn't a huge deal.

The DB-3 seems to be on the light side compared to Pedaltrain boards, but that's probably a good thing if you're looking to cut down on weight. It seems sturdy and well-made. No complaints and the price can't be beat.

I'm going to velcro a Strymon Ojai power supply to the underside. It should be ready to go shortly!

I use a pedal train for my MFC setup. Lately I have been pretty much just using my AX8. I put it in a rolling laptop bag. Holds my AX8, Expression pedal, and a few connecting wires and gadgets. It's usually the roadie's week off.

Not a big fan of those canvas bags. The one I have for my Pedal Train Pro the zipper always comes loose if I zip from right to left, so I have to use the other one, left to right. I wish I had a hardcover for that one, just like the one I have for my PT Terra 42 that still has my old pedals. A HUGE case, kinda ungainly to put in my car but sturdy as hell.

Back
Top Bottom