doh moment, bypassed delay mix settings

mongey

Inspired
so yesterday I had a face palm moment moment.I build a preset per song and use scenes , most of them have 2 different delays .I have been putting them in series and using mute fx in for spillover

I always felt I was bumping up amp level when adding delays for some reason. then i realized yesterday that the mix control on the block is working when the delay is bypassed so I'm cutting also dry signal when the delay is off

has it always been this way ? now it dawns on me why I see everyone setting up their delays parallel to the main chain .

the work around is easy enough, basically running each delay 100% wet in its own little effects loop but coming from pedals it did take me 18 months to work out . lol

so yesterday I had a face palm moment moment.I build a preset per song and use scenes , most of them have 2 different delays .I have been putting them in series and using mute fx in for spillover

I always felt I was bumping up amp level when adding delays for some reason. then i realized yesterday that the mix control on the block is working when the delay is bypassed so I'm cutting also dry signal when the delay is off

has it always been this way ? now it dawns on me why I see everyone setting up their delays parallel to the main chain .

the work around is easy enough, basically running each delay 100% wet in its own little effects loop but coming from pedals it did take me 18 months to work out . lol

For mix values < 50% only the the wet signal level is changed, for mix values > 50% the dry signal is changed. This change was made some time ago for the delay block. That means, bypassed or active, as long as your mix value is < 50%, the dry signal level is constant.

Are you running your delay blocks with > 50% mix? Switch to 50% or less and you won't have this problem running in series and using the "mute fx in" setting.

Otherwise, yes, run it in parallel.

For mix values < 50% only the the wet signal level is changed, for mix values > 50% the dry signal is changed. This change was made some time ago for the delay block. That means, bypassed or active, as long as your mix value is < 50%, the dry signal level is constant.

Are you running your delay blocks with > 50% mix? Switch to 50% or less and you won't have this problem running in series and using the "mute fx in" setting.

Otherwise, yes, run it in parallel.

ah cool info man

the way I realized was I have a patch that has a super wet delay for a part and I tinkered with its mix when byapssed and it changed up my levels .I thought it was changing my levels sub 50% but could've been in my head . My testing got interrupted by the baby waking up so I'll have another tinker tonight

Back
Top Bottom