Does the Axe Fx Ultra have a built in metronome?

However, if you're precise enough, you can play with the blinking LED, it's glued to the tempo :lol:

Hey,
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to know. Whats so bad with having a build in metronome? I think a metronome block would rock :D

curious_cat said:
Hey,
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to know. Whats so bad with having a build in metronome? I think a metronome block would rock :D

You can use the preset I attached above, just add it to any preset in parralel.
Change tempo to any beat you wish.

;)

Bill - are you giving the Axe-FX another shot?

I finally gave in and have one on the way to try out. I haven't fully come to terms with the VG-99 as an amp replacement device so it will be interesting to see how the Axe compares. If I like it enough I may just use it with my Variax (conversion) and ditch the VG-99 altogether.

HAMERMAN409
No I just saw the post and remembered writing a metronome patch for the unit.
A metronome is a must for practice.
Nothing sounds more amateurish than bad time.
Bad time in the studio means no gigs and that's a fact!
Its the first thing you notice about a player and is evident from the first notes they play.

There's no need to give up your VG. Just plug it in input 2 of your AFX and you can use them both simultaneously. I use mine for COSM guitars, alternate tunings and such. It's also good for a second guitar chain or harmony chain if there isn't enough processor to run both on you AFX. It works a treat.

Back
Top Bottom