Dino Cazares playing Fractal now?

What, he can’t load disruptor on a MacBook and use that on tour!?

I wonder what his preset looks like... I got a really good Obsolete tone with just a Drive -> Brit 800 w/tweaking -> Cab -> PEQ...

(hi, new here... thanks bye)

The tone on Obsolete is my favorite. I heard him say on a podcast that he finally found the modded JCM800 that was stolen years ago which was used on that album and profiled it for him to take on the road. Would love to see what kind of preset he's using to replicate that live.

The tone on Obsolete is my favorite. I heard him say on a podcast that he finally found the modded JCM800 that was stolen years ago which was used on that album and profiled it for him to take on the road. Would love to see what kind of preset he's using to replicate that live.
I got pretty close using some drives and Brit 800 and running tone match on the like 4 seconds of clean audio on the intro to Descent. A PEQ helped. It’s really scooped sounding and gritty. I’ll have to upload my preset....

..and you can find it by searching for Obsolete! be sure to use the Cab named "TM_Obsolete" which I also uploaded.

it will also work on an FM3.

I thought maybe it might be another bands. He posted a picture yesterday showing he got one of those new Kemper Players.

I am also surprised to see Butcher Babies use an Axe III, as he has always been a Dual Recto head user.
Yes he shared a pic with the small kemper in his story.. and this is where it begins with our small talk
the axe sound more chirurgical and don’t know why he still use kemper…

Last edited:
Yes he shared a pic with the small kemper in his story.. and this is where it begins with our small talk
the axe sound more chirurgical and don’t know why he still use kemper…

Because his best tone ever was his modded Marshall. It was once stolen. He now has a similar amp if not the same (metalhead) . He made a profile of it which generally comes pretty close to the real thing and if the kemper gets stolen he will be ok. If I had that sound which was pretty much considered one of the best metal tones of all time Im not sure I’d why id switch. Maybe DM him and tell him why it’s a bad thing he is playing a kemper.

Because his best tone ever was his modded Marshall. It was once stolen. He now has a similar amp if not the same (metalhead) . He made a profile of it which generally comes pretty close to the real thing and if the kemper gets stolen he will be ok. If I had that sound which was pretty much considered one of the best metal tones of all time Im not sure I’d why id switch. Maybe DM him and tell him why it’s a bad thing he is playing a kemper.
It make sense if he want to play with the copy of his modded amp yes… no, I'm not going to allow myself to bother him more than that, it was already nice that he answered me. It's not because a stranger tells him that the axe is better that he will change his mind. But knowing both product very well, I confirm that the kemper add a « kemper tone » to whatever profile (buzz specially in high gain), that the axe sound tighter for metal, and that the Marshall sim are the best in fractal world .

Back
Top Bottom