Wish DigiTech Mosaic Polyphonic 12-String Effect Pedal

Right-click on any parameter with a solid yellow dot (means that a modifier/controller is attached) at the bottom of the virtual knob. And look at the settings and what is happening when you play single notes around the open 'B' string.

LFO 1 is attached to the 'Detune' parameters with specific Min and Max values for some vibrato/detuning so that the harmonies aren't unnaturally stagnant.

I never played with the Mosaic pedal before. It this close to what is going on?

I never knew that was there. You taught me something. Thanks!

I think your pitch block is damn good. It's definitely close to the Mosaic. I really appreciate you sharing.

@GlennO I thought you got pretty close to the Mosaic's sound with that take. Very nice.

I took a swing at this, but instead of trying to cop the Mosaic, I aimed to line up closer to Warren Hayne's 12-string electric sounds on his live version of Gold Dust Woman with Grace Potter. It's not a prominent 12-string sound. It's much subtler. Just makes it all...bigger.

I used two 4th order filters with a ~300 Hz gap between them. And those fed virtual capos. One +12 and one +0 but with some variance on the detune tied to a slow LFO. I tried the crossover but felt the extra gap in the low and high content made for a better sound.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 4.19.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 4.19.46 PM.png

It turned out okay.

The pitch shifting uses remarkably little CPU power. The filters dull the shifts a little too much. It could use some work to brighten up the +12 shift on the low strings.

It only works well for the cowboy chord area of the neck. Once you move up the neck you'll start to lose the prominent +12 shift.

The mixer block controls the addition of the octave and +0 signal. Channel A is just your guitar. Channel B is full-on 12-string mode. Channel C is your guitar and +12 on the low frequency content. And channel D is your guitar and +0 on the high frequency content.

Preset is here if you want to try it: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7966

I would like to see a simulation of the Digitech Mosaic Polyphonic 12 string simulator in the Pitch block. I use guitars with piezo pickups and would love to make a convincing 12 string sound. I know it's a lot to ask for but it would be so cool.

Jimmy.

To me, the Mosaic sounds like two pitch shifters and a crossover.

Edit: I see I'm late to the party here.

Last edited:
To me, the Mosaic sounds like two pitch shifters and a crossover.
agreed - I have Mosaic and, though it's ok outboard to save processing power, Axefx patches using crossover + pitch can sound as good or better - neither gets anywhere near the real thing imo - ok if you keep to the low end of the fretboard

Nice. I stripped it to get it to fit into the FM3 and FM9. On the FM3 it's running at about 66% CPU using the current v5b1 firmware.
I had to use FracTool to save it for my FM9 and it sounds KILLER!!!! but the reverb mix/level/input-gain values where off to a point that there was no sound coming out of the present... can someone that has an FM3 and FM9 check to see if all the values are correct when saving it to the FM9 format?

Back
Top Bottom