Different voicing, LOG type.

Clawfinger

Experienced
I read the "Lamb of God tone not in my Axe-fx?" preset thread and thought that it was a challenge.

It was. I went through all cab impulses I could find, and ended up miking the Texas Heat Speaker in the Krank/Rev hybrid cab with a Sennheiser 421. It's the second MC2+ model -> FX-return on the Krank Rev+ -> Krankenstein/Rev hybrid 4x12.

Drums are DFHS2, Bass is my Synapse -> Axefx New Recto -> Custom Ampeg IR. Same as the "Loose" songs, but less drive.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/315378/stuff/Lamp_Of_Rod-V.1.0.mp3

Edit: I listened without ear-fatigue and changed the mix. ;)

I think that this could be cool if more people did the same. Mo, post a clip with your LOG-type of sound too. ;)

So cool to have them in one place. I'll start working on an Andy Sneap type of sound next.

Damn Jocke!!! I completely missed this thread until I looked at my LoG thread... You're take on LoG sounded phenomenal, not sure if it was the same "fuzzy hair" tone I was hearing... you're take sound a hell of a lot more brutal. Which by itself sounds better and more of what I would play.

Here is my original take on the LoG - Broken Hands tone (that I recorded for the first thread) from their latest album, I'm playing along with the original drums and bass... I'm still trying to work on a bass patch to match this tone as well... I'm still not where I want it to be, I'll try to play with the patch some more... care to upload that IR and see what it sounds like in my setup?

Please forgive my shitting playing... I was a bit tipsy when I jammed it!!! :D

Mo - Log.mp3

P.S. I ordered a Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat, Both Nick (reseller) and Tim (Bare Knuckle) both recommended I get the Cold Sweat even though I was drooling over the Ceramic WarPig(Weed)... (<-----you can see why!!!) Hopefully I'll get is soon enough for our up coming gig on March 27th!!!

Oh my gosh!!!! Can I entice you into sending me that LOG patch! That is exactly what I have been looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic!

Sounds really, really great! Can I please you to hook up a fellow Stockholmer with that patch? ;)

Clawfinger said:
efx said:
Fantastic!

Sounds really, really great! Can I please you to hook up a fellow Stockholmer with that patch? ;)

Wow, this means that we're at least three people in Stockholm with an AxeFX! Wohoo! ;)

http://impulses.falstudios.com/index.php?dir=KranK.Rev-Stein.Hybrid/&file=LOG_TexasHeat_421.syx

Here's the IR. I haven't saved the Patch to disk, but it's the Mark IIC+ Drive on 5 and the master around 8-9 something. ;)

Man! You rule! I couldn't get this tone either. I thought I was pretty good at pulling most anything I wanted out of the Axe, but you kind sir, are a MASTER! Thank you so much!

Gary

Thanks a bunch Jocke... I especially like the following: Not to be used in ANY thing besides the Axe-FX without written approval.

Again, Jocke, thank you for all your help and generosity to the Axe-fx community.

I think I'm the only one in San Antonio, Tx... Closest is GuitarDojo is in Austin/San Marcus I think?

mortega76 said:
Thanks a bunch Jocke... I especially like the following: Not to be used in ANY thing besides the Axe-FX without written approval.

Again, Jocke, thank you for all your help and generosity to the Axe-fx community.

I think I'm the only one in San Antonio, Tx... Closest is GuitarDojo is in Austin/San Marcus I think?

I felt that since the latest turbulence... One day there probably will be a program that could reverse engineer the syx files, and then the purpose of the whole thing is gone. But so far so good. ;) That IR is really special so use it with care (and a High pass filter @ 130Hz or so. ;))

Awesome...

Jocke, quick question... Alu is making his own custom IR's, without speaker references... how can we make our own using an EQ curve and export it as .wav to be converted to a .syx? Or better yet, how can we open an existing .wav IR and "edit" it to our liking? What I noticed is that a lot of cabs I've heard are very "dark," maybe kicking up the high end would help and export it as a new IR.

mortega76 said:
Awesome...

Jocke, quick question... Alu is making his own custom IR's, without speaker references... how can we make our own using an EQ curve and export it as .wav to be converted to a .syx? Or better yet, how can we open an existing .wav IR and "edit" it to our liking? What I noticed is that a lot of cabs I've heard are very "dark," maybe kicking up the high end would help and export it as a new IR.

Take whatever wav IR, and add some EQ to it and export it as a wav file. Simple as that. What you're doing is adding more EQ filters to a 1024 band equaliser (UK English). ;)

Fantastic work, Jocke. I was just listening to some LOG today thinking about how to approach some of their tones with the Axe.

Simple enough, thanks a bunch Jocke!!!

I did a patch test with your new IR and it's definitely got that "buzz" in there... I got pretty close until I A/B'd it to the original and there's this mid range thing going on with my guitar (at least I think it's my guitar) that I seem to always be hearing... Maybe it's just my JB? I ordered a Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat (with both Nick & Tim's recommendation) so I'll have to see how that sucka works in my guitar...

mortega76 said:
Simple enough, thanks a bunch Jocke!!!

I did a patch test with your new IR and it's definitely got that "buzz" in there... I got pretty close until I A/B'd it to the original and there's this mid range thing going on with my guitar (at least I think it's my guitar) that I seem to always be hearing... Maybe it's just my JB? I ordered a Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat (with both Nick & Tim's recommendation) so I'll have to see how that sucka works in my guitar...

Parametric EQ my friend. ;)

Remember that their guitars are miked, EQ'd for recording, EQ'd for mix, and the mastering EQ changed it further. So add three different EQ's and see if you can make it work.

Clawfinger said:
efx said:
Fantastic!

Wow, this means that we're at least three people in Stockholm with an AxeFX! Wohoo! ;)

http://impulses.falstudios.com/index.php?dir=KranK.Rev-Stein.Hybrid/&file=LOG_TexasHeat_421.syx

Here's the IR. I haven't saved the Patch to disk, but it's the Mark IIC+ Drive on 5 and the master around 8-9 something. ;)

Thanks a bunch dude! You made my Tuesday :)

Not to hijack the thread, but instead of making a new one, how about a secondary challenge. Killswitch Engage's guitar tone, from either of their first two albums?

Back
Top Bottom