Did you notice, Xitones/Axe-Fx @ DWEEZILLA!!!

Galo

Experienced
xitones@DWEEZILLA.jpg

Looks to be a Fender. I recognize the 5 yr warranty card hanging on the front of it. :) Can't tell which model though.

EDIT: Looks like it's possibly a G-DEC model.

I don't think it's a Blues Jr. I could be wrong though. It looks like it has some sort of display on the front at the top.

The g-dec is very cool as it has a number of midi type drum and base patters built in for you to practice with. You can vary the speed and key of each "patch".
I think it comes with about 50 patches, and you can vary the loudness of each piece of the band within each patch. I have used it lots of times, but I like to bypass the crummy speaker, and grab the output and put it into a larger amp. Then it sounds awesome!
<rambling>
"Chicago Blues" is my favorite patch. Excellent for practicing your 12-bar blues. You can change the key, speed, etc. It would be great if it was just a standalone box that fender sold for backing practice.
GarageBand has this sort of thing when you start it up. It's called "Magic GarageBand". You pick out the style of music, your musical instrument, and supplies all the rest. I really wish there were more backing tracks setup for GarageBand or an app that does this.
Anyone seen something like this?
</rambling>

I didn't take the pic, I got it from Fractals Facebook. But it is a great pic, someone has a good eye for sure.

For this setup, the Xitones were guitar signal monitors so every player could hear every other player's Axe-Fx or G-DEC. In an earlier session, we used them with a Matrix amp for backline. In a different photo, you'll see someone (not me) set them up upside down.

Each player had his own guitar signal playing through a system directly behind him. In Dweezil's case the backline was stereo.
Some of the Axe-Fx IIs were in QSC KW112s, and some were in the Matrix GT800 and NL12 cabs.
There are three MFCs set up. James Santiago also had his pedalboard plugged in to the front of the Axe-Fx.
Some of the Axe-Fx units were split to allow two players mono into two playback systems.
We created MANY different multi-player setups on the fly like this.

Gracias Mateo.

For this setup, the Xitones were guitar signal monitors so every player could hear every other player's Axe-Fx or G-DEC. In an earlier session, we used them with a Matrix amp for backline. In a different photo, you'll see someone (not me) set them up upside down.

Each player had his own guitar signal playing through a system directly behind him. In Dweezil's case the backline was stereo.
Some of the Axe-Fx IIs were in QSC KW112s, and some were in the Matrix GT800 and NL12 cabs.
There are three MFCs set up. James Santiago also had his pedalboard plugged in to the front of the Axe-Fx.
Some of the Axe-Fx units were split to allow two players mono into two playback systems.

Was the G-DEC just used to supply backing tracks?

Was the G-DEC just used to supply backing tracks?

No, the G-DEC is the "house amp" of this event. There are pairs of them (or more) in every building so students and teachers can practice/jam. As I mentioned above, the players here are going through Axe-Fx IIs into 4 QSC KW112s (Dweezil, James, Chris), or Matrix (Derryl and Tom). When Dweezil decided he wanted 7 people on stage at once for the summit, it became first-come-first-serve for Axe-Fx channels with G-DEC filling in the blanks.

M@, Thanks for the info .

No, the G-DEC is the "house amp" of this event. There are pairs of them (or more) in every building so students and teachers can practice/jam. As I mentioned above, the players here are going through Axe-Fx IIs into 4 QSC KW112s (Dweezil, James, Chris), or Matrix (Derryl and Tom). When Dweezil decided he wanted 7 people on stage at once for the summit, it became first-come-first-serve for Axe-Fx channels with G-DEC filling in the blanks.

Back
Top Bottom