Did I really do this??

Booomm

Inspired
Had a gig last night.
Got home about 3am and unloaded my car.

Had a knock on the front door at 11.30am this morning from my neighbour.

"Does this case on your front lawn belong to you?" He asked

"Yes, indeed it does" I replied "that will be my 4u rack case containing my Fractal Audio AXE FX2 and Matrix Power amp!" :eek::(:eek-new:

.......You'll be pleased to know that both the 'children' are fine...........though I am now spending the rest of today getting drunk!!!

Yeah did the same thing last yr-Unloaded trailor left Axe bag on driveway-Good thing drummer didn't back over it. And it rained all night. No problems so far.????

Something similarly amusing happend to the bassist in my band, except with a more sour ending. He parked up at the supermarket, did his shopping. When he returned to the car to load his shopping in he had to take his pedalboard out to fit it in. He leant it up against the passenger side back wheel, loaded the shopping in and then got in the car and drove home.

Only when he got back did he realise that he'd failed to load the pedalboard back into the car, and returned to the supermarket where the pedal board was nowhere to be seen. We often wonder who ended up with it and what they thought it was! Either way, a good 500 quid of goodies that probably ended up in a pawn shop or on ebay.

Something similarly amusing happend to the bassist in my band, except with a more sour ending. He parked up at the supermarket, did his shopping. When he returned to the car to load his shopping in he had to take his pedalboard out to fit it in. He leant it up against the passenger side back wheel, loaded the shopping in and then got in the car and drove home.

Only when he got back did he realise that he'd failed to load the pedalboard back into the car, and returned to the supermarket where the pedal board was nowhere to be seen. We often wonder who ended up with it and what they thought it was! Either way, a good 500 quid of goodies that probably ended up in a pawn shop or on ebay.

That's depressing......hope he got over it.....if I'd lost my Axe I think I'd have given up music!

........that said what is bass player doing with a £500 pedalboard?? :lol

Had mine in a soft case behind the rear wheel while loading up. It was dark and didn't see it after loading everything. Started to back up and a lady in another car was waving at me...I stopped just in time. Those are some holy shitballs moments.

Many years ago I had a gig with my band. Afterward, packing my gear, the band guys and me were talking for a good hour or two in the parking lot. I drove home many miles away, unloaded to discover neither of my guitars were with me. I realized as I was talking I leaned them against the car and forgot to pack them! I rushed back, 30-40 minutes it took to get back there, and there they were, in the middle of the parking lot on the black top. You could easily see then from the street, if you were looking at 3:30 in the morning. I was very lucky.

Mid eighties, Belfast - we had a residency one night a week gig in a bar and our other guitarist left his gig bag with all his stomp boxes and cables behind in the doorway as we packed up to go home. He realised he'd left it behind when he got home and jumped in the car to go look for it - he was stopped by an army checkpoint at the top of the street and just as he wound the window down to ask what was up the sound of a loud bang came from down the street. The army guy then said - "Suspicious bag reported outside a pub - that was the controlled explosion on it by our bomb disposal guys" ..... Two entire streets of sleeping residents had been roused and told to evacuate and were standing 100 yards from their homes shivering in their nightclothes with coats over them as little bits of Boss chorus and delay pedals were landing in the road further down.

Our guy decided the safest option was to turn round and go home and telephone the police to inform them it was his bag rather than tell the army guys at the roadblock :)

Mid eighties, Belfast - we had a residency one night a week gig in a bar and our other guitarist left his gig bag with all his stomp boxes and cables behind in the doorway as we packed up to go home. He realised he'd left it behind when he got home and jumped in the car to go look for it - he was stopped by an army checkpoint at the top of the street and just as he wound the window down to ask what was up the sound of a loud bang came from down the street. The army guy then said - "Suspicious bag reported outside a pub - that was the controlled explosion on it by our bomb disposal guys" ..... Two entire streets of sleeping residents had been roused and told to evacuate and were standing 100 yards from their homes shivering in their nightclothes with coats over them as little bits of Boss chorus and delay pedals were landing in the road further down.

Our guy decided the safest option was to turn round and go home and telephone the police to inform them it was his bag rather than tell the army guys at the roadblock :)

Now that is a story!!!!!!

Wow that's awesome news. I recently got my axe fx 2. I feel like i should wrap my rack around my ankle to avoid any bad news.

????

You paid him to keep it??

:mrgreen:mrgreen

No it was all I had at the time... He told me a story of how he had gotten it from "his uncle" and I showed him the police report with the serial no. were I had reported it stolen and I could take it with me.

And it's a few years ago :)

Jens

Back
Top Bottom