Development with the next firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
to add onto this, I've never had a need for two amps. I did do this once back in 1998 whilst on a session and it was crap.... and that was at Air studios (long story). in the end we ended up tracks both parts separately. I'd frankly love an FM9 and AX3, but I'd only get them (and a few FC-12's) if a bit juicy gig/tour came in. FM3 = win.
Before the gapless switch, I was using 2 amp blocks to make the gapless switch. But of course, having 2 simultaneously - this is not that common, I guess. For me, it's about the grid size, CPU power, connectivity, and of course the number of footswitches.

So do I have this correct? They had the gapless in private and then decided to add another update to the next firmware release and that is currently in private beta? How long does private usually test for?

So do I have this correct? They had the gapless in private and then decided to add another update to the next firmware release and that is currently in private beta? How long does private usually test for?
it takes as long as it needs to discover bugs and fix them usually. could take less than a day, could take weeks. depends on what we need to test.

seems the gapless testing was happening, and the amps got an update while that was going on, so they decided to add the amp updates as well.

often people see the Axe get something and it doesn't immediately go to the FM9 or FM3 and there is some disgruntled discussion on why that is. seems they want to avoid this with the amp updates. but this may have caused some disgruntled discussion as to why the update is taking longer now.

shrug

it takes as long as it needs to discover bugs and fix them usually. could take less than a day, could take weeks. depends on what we need to test.

seems the gapless testing was happening, and the amps got an update while that was going on, so they decided to add the amp updates as well.

often people see the Axe get something and it doesn't immediately go to the FM9 or FM3 and there is some disgruntled discussion on why that is. seems they want to avoid this with the amp updates. but this may have caused some disgruntled discussion as to why the update is taking longer now.

shrug

I didn't intend to sound disgruntled; far from it, though I can see now rereading it how it could be construed that way (I know you're not singling me out - I read the other thread). I just wanted to make sure I understood the wording of the update that was posted here on the releases correctly.

The only thing I'm interested in is gapless, but it will not be necessary until I start using the unit for work, which is not going to be until I have the switching down better, so I don't even see myself installing a beta release (unless it's in public beta for months).

I didn't intend to sound disgruntled; far from it, though I can see now rereading it how it could be construed that way (I know you're not singling me out - I read the other thread). I just wanted to make sure I understood the wording of the update that was posted here on the releases correctly.

The only thing I'm interested in is gapless, but it will not be necessary until I start using the unit for work, which is not going to be until I have the switching down better, so I don't even see myself installing a beta release (unless it's in public beta for months).
Wasn’t referring to your post as disgruntled at all just speaking generally thumbs up

I am really stoked about the gapless switching...but I can wait until they release it as then I don't have to worry about mucking up my stuff on a beta, no matter how good it is.
You can put me in the enthusiastically "gruntled" category!

I am really stoked about the gapless switching...but I can wait until they release it as then I don't have to worry about mucking up my stuff on a beta, no matter how good it is.

your sheer endless patience will inspire a whole generation of guitar players!

1. Back up your presets.
  2. Load the new firmware and adjust presets to experiment.
  3. If you don’t like what you hear then revert the firmware and restore the presets and you’re where you started so wait for the full release, then decide if you’ll update “for reals” or stay where you are.
  4. If you like what you heard in step 2, continue experimenting. If there’s another update that forces additional resets then you can update to it and continue using your adjusted presets, or you can restore your presets from the backup as a clean slate, then experiment further.
With a backup you have flexibility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom