Development with the next firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t think much of gapless switching, but after experiencing it on the axe fx 3, it’s kinda hard to go back to gaps. That and the Brit 800 are the ones I hope will make it.
After experiencing gapless switching of channels and scenes on my FM9, I feel the same way. I don’t really want to play my FM3 without it. The gaps are jarring. The 2203 is great too but if gapless doesn’t make it then I kinda wonder what happens to the FM3 going forward. (At least mine)

FM3 kinda needs gapless, and I'm sure it's do-able.
.I'd love an update on it personally, just a confirmation of, "yes it's doable, but we're tweaking it.." sort of thing.
2203 would be ace, used those a lot over the years.

I really have been keeping myself from jumping into the speculation thing on what will make it and what may not. But, in my medium level understanding of processing digital FX I’m thinking the the one thing of all the new features that won’t make it is the new “spring reverb”. Ironically in this case, simulating the sound of an old technology like super authentic spring reverb is going to be possibly the straw that breaks the FM3’s back. From what I have seen most don’t don’t care much about it and I’m not super concerned, but when I heard Lean Todd’s demo it on the FX3 I was really impressed. I would say if that makes it then the FM3 and the developers are a mighty combination.

Last edited:
I’m glad I keep you amused @Rock Chalk. I guess simple things amuse simple minds.😘

Edit:
In case anyone is questioning why I seem hostile towards @Rock Chalk it’s because it seems I have acquired a stalker here at the forum.

Last edited:
Cygnus-X3 is now available on the Axe III. Sooo, will it be available on the next FM3 update? Is that why it's not out yet? Who knows! Let's speculate!

There is already Cygnus X3 out in beta for the Axe Fx 3. Nearly very amp sim has been "remastered". Guys, it may be hard to do, but I wish we could stay less focused on the III and even the FM9 (less so for those who own these devices and need more parity)... and live more in the now, with what we have. I mean that for me as well. Just imagine how much energy gets wasted with this constant update cycle on the 3, so many of us waiting every time, checking often, etc etc. I don't mean people sit all day in anticipation, but it legitimately seems to take some real brain space. I'm not sure it's worth it, however good updates are.

Given the hardware gap bettewen the Fm3 and the other units, i think it's wiser to lower our expectations.

To me the gapless switiching is what i would like to have on this unit, specially for live playing.

It's not a willd suposition to understand that it's been dificult to translate a lot of the new features of the bigger units to the modest Fm3 given the huge gap bettewen firmwares we are experiencing.

If we lower our expectations we will never be disappointed. And if by some coding wizarding they do succeed in bringing all the new features to this unit, happy days!

Or maybe they didn’t release the fm3 update yet because of Cygnus x3.

Updating from a previous firmware to start again one week later is kind of a waste of time.
No it would be unlikely IMO, it just in first beta it might not even be a full release for a while

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I think much of the new improvements in amp modeling (within Fractal) are very gradual. I'm glad they are always pushing forward, but the difference in X3 modeling to the current algos might be almost imperceptible to most players. Slightly different, but not a major jump forward in realism. And I mean that as a compliment, because the truth is that it already sounds and feels extremely good and close to the 'real thing'. Again, I'm glad Fractal is ever evolving, but I'm more eager for user enhancements and new features like gapless, and dyna cabs etc, than putting a scope on a new amp model and zooming into the graph and saying see that there, that's just a bit more realistic. I'd wager most musicians (especially old rockers like me with tinnitus LOL) won't notice an appreciable difference. In my opinion, Fractal modeling is already so good, it's passed that blindfold test against real amps a long time ago. The advancing of amp 'realism' is great, but less important to me than things that will benefit me in recording, or performing. I'm grateful for it all tho. Thanks Fractal for always pushing ahead.

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I think much of the new improvements in amp modeling (within Fractal) are very gradual. I'm glad they are always pushing forward, but the difference in X3 modeling to the current algos might be almost imperceptible to most players. Slightly different, but not a major jump forward in realism. And I mean that as a compliment, because the truth is that it already sounds and feels extremely good and close to the 'real thing'. Again, I'm glad Fractal is ever evolving, but I'm more eager for user enhancements and new features like gapless, and dyna cabs etc, than putting a scope on a new amp model and zooming into the graph and saying see that there, that's just a bit more realistic. I'd wager most musicians (especially old rockers like me with tinnitus LOL) won't notice an appreciable difference. In my opinion, Fractal modeling is already so good, it's passed that blindfold test against real amps a long time ago.
The difference is palpable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom