Deserted Island Artist...

I've got to agree with Zappa.

As well as because of the volume and quality of his work, you would also get to listen to lots of other amazing musicians too (Vai, Colaiuta, etc.).

Also, along with being thoroughly entertained by many diverse musical styles, you would also have access to humour and an education.

You know I thought the premise was what actual person would I want to be stuck on a desert island with. I assumed limited resources and no electricity, a whole survival scenario. Definitely wouldn't have been the band from the Titanic. Those fuckers were useless in a crisis....

I think Prince would be by no 1.

Not convinced I would get much out of him in terms of conversation, however the musical options would be fantastic - especially if, prior to being shipwrecked, he had brought his guitar, bass, piano, drums, and everything else.

I would be worried about falling out with him over the punishing rehearsal schedule, and also the unrelenting fear of making a mistake - can you be kicked off a desert island for falling below the required standards?

However once into our groove I think it could be very cool indeed.

You know I thought the premise was what actual person would I want to be stuck on a desert island with. I assumed limited resources and no electricity, a whole survival scenario. Definitely wouldn't have been the band from the Titanic. Those fuckers were useless in a crisis....

Heh.

Nope, I meant if you had an MP3 player with only one artists full catalog on it. We can add a solar charging panel for the ones insisting on a realistic scenario.

And while I love his music, I would think Elton would be too much of a diva for me to deal with.

Heh.

Nope, I meant if you had an MP3 player with only one artists full catalog on it. We can add a solar charging panel for the ones insisting on a realistic scenario.

And while I love his music, I would think Elton would be too much of a diva for me to deal with.
Yeah I would probably take the number of survivors down to just me after a day or two...

Neil Young.

You get acoustic classics and iconic electric rocking masterpieces. I like the J.S. Bach choice too followed closely by Chopin.

Neil Young is probably my biggest influence on guitar, song writing, performance.

But for all eternity, the melancholy, the tone of his voice, not sure it's for me for all time :)

In retrospect, maybe I should have chosen an audio book... maybe a DIY on boat / raft building from natural materials :)

Back
Top Bottom