Wish Default Tuner at Startup

Riffmeister80

It would be great if there was a global setting to have the tuner be defaulted to "on" at startup allowing for an automatic muted signal to avoid popping or accidental high - volume sounds. I like to turn my iii on first then grab my guitar while it's starting up and sometimes I'm not quick enough or my toddler messes with my output knobs and I don't always have time to check everything before it's too late. It's obviously not the worst problem in the world but it would be a nice option.

The FM9 has a global option: Startup Preset. I don’t know why the FM3 and III don’t have it.

If Startup Preset is linked to an empty preset, the goal is achieved: a silent device after powering up.

Last edited:
The FM9 has a global option: Startup Preset. I don’t know why the FM3 and III don’t have it.
I'm not sure why they don't have the global option, but they'll remember the last preset they were on before being powered down, so they come back up on whatever it was.

That's entirely satisfactory to me, I just put it on what I want it to start up at.

If that's not good enough, it'd be easy to stick a "go to that preset #" function in the Master Layout Menu on the FM3 or FX3. See p. 13 in the FC6+FC12 or p. 82 in the FM3 manual…

Well, ok, except it’d need to be triggered prior to start-up… sigh.
If Startup Preset is linked to an empty preset, the goal is achieved: a silent device after powering up.
Seems like it'd work unless the "thump" is from the electronics themselves, not the modeler.

It's easy enough to test… anyone want to loan me their FOH system?

Last edited:
Kind of a related question - is there a general mute input button for unplugging/plugging in the guitar? What does everyone else do during this to avoid cable hum or pops or noises?

Kind of a related question - is there a general mute input button for unplugging/plugging in the guitar? What does everyone else do during this to avoid cable hum or pops or noises?
turn on Tuner with Mute options enabled
use a switch to turn off the Input or Output blocks
use an expression pedal attached to volume and turn it all the way down
many similar other ways too.

turn on Tuner with Mute options enabled
use a switch to turn off the Input or Output blocks
use an expression pedal attached to volume and turn it all the way down
many similar other ways too.

Ah, don't know why I never just used the tuner. I always just disable the input block manually like a jabroni. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom