Def Leppard - Animal video w/patch

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
just having some fun with one of my favorite DL songs :) all guitars are done by me, I'm playing with one of my old Friedman patches, tweaked to get closer to Phil and Steve's tone. What I love about Hysteria is how well the guitars sit in the mix without being "in your face", thanks to Mutt Lange and his decision to use a Rockman x100 instead of traditional amps

DOWNLOAD PATCH HERE Axe-Change - Download Preset - Def Leppard HBE - by RoccoPezzin

Nice performances! It's cool hearing this song with a Friedman versus the original Rockman sound. Reinforces why the HBE has become my go-to amp in the Axe-Fx II!
Thanks for sharing!

Great sound Rocco. Really captured it as usual. Question for you, Why the thing wrapped around the nut. Not sure I've ever understood this, especially on a floyd rose or how on traditional guitars it would interfere with open string playing. I know Govan uses them too. What are the pros and cons?

Thanks

MM

Great sound Rocco. Really captured it as usual. Question for you, Why the thing wrapped around the nut. Not sure I've ever understood this, especially on a floyd rose or how on traditional guitars it would interfere with open string playing. I know Govan uses them too. What are the pros and cons?

Thanks

MM

Thanks man! that's a fretwrap by GruvGear, it has 2 fuctions: you can place it behind the nut (as you can see in the video), this way it basically stops unwanted string noise, especially heard at higher volumes during palm mutes.. or, as Guthrie often does, you can slide it directly over the strings, this way it acts like a normal string dampener so you can play all the string skipping and tapping licks without having to worry about strings ringing out etc..it's also an awesome handy tool during recordings!

Good job, I play this song too. I liked the typical Phil Collen harmonic dive at the beginning (he does this live all the time) and the lick you added (around the 12 fret) in the second verse.

Sounds great! My band plays Hysteria, and even though I thought I had a great patch, the time and effort you took to tweak this one out sounds better to my ears - great balance. I just added a subtle chorus to it, and it rocks! I don't have the other cab (OH_412_MAR-CB_M-SB-75_Studio-Modern.syx), so I just substituted the same cab as the first. Was the second cab one you had to purchase?

Sounds great! My band plays Hysteria, and even though I thought I had a great patch, the time and effort you took to tweak this one out sounds better to my ears - great balance. I just added a subtle chorus to it, and it rocks! I don't have the other cab (OH_412_MAR-CB_M-SB-75_Studio-Modern.syx), so I just substituted the same cab as the first. Was the second cab one you had to purchase?

thanks! I do have the whole OH ultrares pack, but that's actually one of the cabs included in the past firmware updates, you should have it in the zip folder!

Back
Top Bottom