Dear Axe fx II, I must apologize for been such a...

dupere11497

Experienced
Here is my story: I first bought an Axe fx Standard back in 2009. It was, and still is an amazing guitar processor. Then came the II. I bought it as soon it came out. I actually drove 5 hours to pick it up at Fractal headquarters from the hand of the man himself! I kept the II till May 2013 when I sold it...to buy an Axe fx Standard again!!! I missed the tone I could get out of my beloved standard and found myslelf always strugguling with the tone of the II. Now, the tone I would get with my standard was good, but I realise the feel wasn't as real like the II. When I sold it, it was still on firmware 8. So I kept reading threads about firmware 10 and beyond being out of this world in terms on tube feel and sound and I wonder.... Guess what? I sold my Standard and bought a new Axe Fx II from Fractal. It came to my door 3 days later in Canada (talk about fast delivery!!). Firmware 10.11 was install. I don't like presets so I first created a simple patch with amp, cab and reverb selecting the new Tiptrik modern amp with TV mix cab......HOLY Sh...........!!!!!! What the hell was I thinking when I sold my first II???? This is insane, the feel is miles ahead the Standard now, it is so percussive, picking the strings is like hitting an anvil with a hammer!!! And the tone...what can I say?? Stellar and pristine, tone haven!! I really enjoy the new Fractal cabs so I bought the cab pack 2. This is really enhancing the Axe fx II experience overall. I also bought the new Ownhammer Modern and Vintage pack and it just kill!!! I can't even imagine what firmware 11 will be I mean, how can it possibly gets better now?? Bottom line is, I want to apologize to Cliff and Fractal team for having lost faith for a while. Now, I'm back for good, the Axe fx II will forever be MY guitar rig!!!

Oh, I don't think anyone took your move back to the standard personally ;-)

It can be hard, when you have a sound in your head or a feel in your hands to move onto another piece of gear. You're starting from square one again.

I'm always a big fan of making what you have work for you. If, after a period of time, you have tried and tried and still can't make it work for you, then maybe that piece of gear was never meant to be.

Hahaha no need to apologize to Fractal!! Heck you bought FOUR units from them. I'm sure they're quite happy :encouragement::lol

Back
Top Bottom