Dead USB... Again...

Sorry you are having these issues. Instead of running the editor, can you see if Fractal Bot connects instead? If it does, try to do a backup and see if it hangs at a certain location during the backup.

Sorry you are having these issues. Instead of running the editor, can you see if Fractal Bot connects instead? If it does, try to do a backup and see if it hangs at a certain location during the backup.

I tried that earlier, won't connect with Fractal Bot either

I fired her up this morning on a hard wood floor, absolutely nothing blocking the vents (sides or bottom). House temp of 72.

In 5 minutes the FM3 temp was at 90, in 10 minutes it was 94. So it seems the operating temp of yesterdays failure (96) is well within normal operating range. Although the screen is not going white and audio is not shutting off.

Aside from the non-functioning USB, it's working as normal. So far...

Fractal has the best customer service. Emails back and forth today, trying to troubleshoot the issue. Unfortunately it had to go in for repair anyway.

Fractal has the best customer service. Emails back and forth today, trying to troubleshoot the issue. Unfortunately it had to go in for repair anyway.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of computer is it plugged into?

The axefx iii usb will stop functioning from Time to time and unplugging/replugging the cable in at the hub would have no effect. Turned out to be an issue with the usb-c dongle and would work again if I unplug the dongle and plug it back in.

might help if you’re using a Mac with a usb-c to usb-a dongle.

Man, really sucks you're having that USB issue but it does sound like Fractal will take care of you.
Hope they get it resolved and back to you soon so you can get back to jamming.

Man, really sucks you're having that USB issue but it does sound like Fractal will take care of you.
Hope they get it resolved and back to you soon so you can get back to jamming.
Thanks! Besides being the best modeling on the planet, they also have the best customer service.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of computer is it plugged into?

The axefx iii usb will stop functioning from Time to time and unplugging/replugging the cable in at the hub would have no effect. Turned out to be an issue with the usb-c dongle and would work again if I unplug the dongle and plug it back in.

might help if you’re using a Mac with a usb-c to usb-a dongle.
I went straight into a macbook and an imac. yes I tried a few cables, no dongle.

Welp. Just powered on my FM3 (non-headphone) and no USB connection. FM3-Edit won't connect, FractalBot won't connect. Tried two separate computers, two separate USB cables (that work with other devices just fine).

Guess it's a good thing I saved my box :(

I have this same exact issue with mine. It's the non-headphone unit. The lights come on when I plug in the USB...I can't power the unit on with the USB plugged in or it just goes to a white screen. I submitted a support ticket and was told to just plug the USB in after I power it up and unplug it before powering down for the time being. They told me to wait until the next FW update to see if it continues, but I haven't seen any posts showing this is a known bug that's being worked on.

Got the USB to connect finally and upgrade FM3 Edit and the unit FW to 1.0.5.
Now my fans won't turn off. I'm worried this unit is in the process of dying and may need to eventually go back to Fractal for a repair.

Version1.05 changed the fan behavior. You’ll see different temps as well since it’s monitoring the CPU temp vs ambient.

I wouldn’t worry much about it. This thing is just going to get better over time.

Version1.05 changed the fan behavior. You’ll see different temps as well since it’s monitoring the CPU temp vs ambient.

I wouldn’t worry much about it. This thing is just going to get better over time.
Yeah true. Aside from the extra noise, I'd rather have an easily replaceable fan die from overuse rather than a dead cpu from overheating

Back
Top Bottom