Db Technologies FMX12 Flexsys

Probably closer to the Yamaha than the EV.

Compared to EV: Less dispersion, less I/O, less flexible DSP, more weight, also slightly larger I think.

One important curious omission from the specs is a frequency response graph. For an FRFR, that's suspect...

On a quick search, I only saw them on Thomann...

For an FRFR, that's suspect...
Definitely.

I think the term "FRFR" needs an ISO committee definition and standard. There should also be a requirement that the speaker should be accompanied by its individual frequency response graph, not one that applies to the entire product line.

My Ollo S5X headphones came with that. And, while the PXM-12MP only have the graph for the product line available it still helps us see what's available in the DSP.

I use one for six years already. I prefer my CLR but it is a very very good floor monitor and it works flawless for FAS equipment amplification, quite some power under the hood. There are effectively 8 processing positions, most of these linked to voice processing, to functioning on a stand etc. PLS note that even on the CLR you have a backline/floor monitor selector switch. I don't think that makes the CLR more nor less FRFR.
It definitely can't be a bad choice but I can only compare it to my CLR. Even if soundwise it gives satisfaction I prefer the CLR also for having 2 input channels. I use the 2nd input for the bandmix Monitoring.

Edit : I talk for a FM12, preceding FMX12. Sorry

Back
Top Bottom