Davy Jones of The Monkees dies aged 65

Not Fade Away...

Man, I hate to see it. More and more of our (at least my) childhood memories are passing on. I know death is part of life, but you just hate to see those touchstones to your own past fading into the shadows. RIP Davy... and Elvis... and Jimi... and Stevie... and Gary... and Phil... and Bruce... and Ronnie... and... wow, that could go on for a depressingly long time!

First whole album I remember owning (had singles already) was the 2nd Monkees album. "Mary Mary" was my fav tune at the time. I was 6 or 7. I just looked the album up and Jim Gordon (Derek and Dominoes, Jackson Browne, many others) played drums and Glen Campbell and James Burton (along with 4 others) played guitar on that tune. Crazy

If I were 6 or 7 now, I'd probably have downloaded 100 Cds worth of tunes onto the family computer.

RIP Davy

Spent his life doing what he loved to do. Made a lot of people happy. Not a bad legacy for any man. RIP Davey.

I remember watching them on Saturday mornings and liking a lot of their tunes...and they were in a band so the were 'just cool' and I'm sure they were a small part of why I wanted to play music at a very early age...

RIP Mr. Jones...

Sad day indeed. I remember watching them as a kid too. You know you kind of dismiss this stuff a bit as you get older and then you listen to it again and it's still fun to listen to and makes you feel good.

RIP Davy Jones.

Just saw Mickey Dolenz on GMA and according to him Jones mother and father both died young and both from a heart attack, so perhaps it was genetic (his words not mine).

Back
Top Bottom