CryBaby before AxeFXII...

EdToShred

Is it ok to run a Cry Baby pedal before the input on the Axe FXII? Seems like I've seen conflicting info on this at one time or another.

You can run any pedal before the axe fx, just like a normal amp, as long as you use the front input.

I've done it with no problems, but put it in the closet because I get much better results with the axefx wah

This^^

I have had regular and boutique and modded Wahs.
A Boss FV 500 and the AXE wah beats them all.

It would be hugely appreciated if some of you guys would share your wah patches. I'm currently using the settings that Yek shared (THANKS YEK!!!). It's great and very usable but still not quite as sweet as my Keeley Modified Cry Baby.

The Mission pedals are hands down the duck's nuts so check them out. I can't say the Axe's wah is the end all of wah's but it is good enough for most users.

Is it ok to run a Cry Baby pedal before the input on the Axe FXII? Seems like I've seen conflicting info on this at one time or another.

It is completely OK. have been doing it since 2007. You can any pedal that doesn't have a 'preamp' effect to it before the AXE and still use the front input. If your pedal is an OD or a wah with a boost etc., I'd recommend the rear panel.

One more question on this topic. I checked out Mission Engineering's site. They have a few different version. Right now I don't have the MFC. With the expression pedal going through the pedal jack will I have a toe switch to engage/disengage the wah? If no... how do you get around that?
Thanks!:roll

Back
Top Bottom