Creating the First Preset for Maximum Flexibility

WITELITE

Experienced
My Axe III comes tomorrow and I'm excited about the flexibility of multiple inputs and multiple outputs. I read the new manual (page 30 in particular) and kudos to Fractal for raising the bar on the manual yet again.

Looking for ideas (Chris?? :))- I have input 1 which will be my main guitar signal and input 3 will be the piezo signal from my electric. Input 4 will be from my guitar synthesizer. (could have been 2 & 3 but easier to explain as it relates to the outputs)

Id like to have my FRFR have all signals which I would mix in the preset and give my FOH guy separate signals for guitar and piezo (3) and synth (4).

So I'm thinking

All signals go to output 1 (for my FRFR)
Guitar signal goes to output 2 for FOH
Piezo Signal goes to output 3 for FOH
Synth Signal goes to output 4 for FOH

Is that the best way to do this? I'm thinking so as that would also let me use Fractal presets unedited as they probably default to output 1.

I know there are some copy options as well in the I/O menu (page 151). And there may even be an option to use mono signals for the piezo and synth (Left and Right of an input and output) which would free another output up for using a cab on stage as well.

Just looking for ideas from you guys before creating preset 1 as the flexibility is so great with this unit. Can't wait.

Here's a clip of Spinning Wheel which uses the synth to get a sense but we also do tunes that have acoustic and synth as well.

Thanks

MM

Well I got the III and this works as I assumed using the input and output blocks. This is fantastic

It looks like output 1 is hotter than the others (or at least 3&4). Is that true and if the case , is that adjustable?

Thanks

MM

Output 1 & 2 are configurable for -10db or +4db output in the Global I/O settings. You probably have them at +4.

You can use the Level of the other Output blocks to compensate.

Here's a clip of Spinning Wheel which uses the synth to get a sense but we also do tunes that have acoustic and synth as well.

Awesome tune, awesome cover... great job! I love it when a three piece band has the balls to take on big band number and pull it off tastefully. Bravo!

Thanks for sharing that!

Awesome tune, awesome cover... great job! I love it when a three piece band has the balls to take on big band number and pull it off tastefully. Bravo!

Thanks for sharing that!
Thanks man. We tried to do stuff that was unexpected for a 3 piece and the synths give us the flexibility which is what prompted the post. I think the Axe 3 will provide a lot of flexibility.

Back
Top Bottom