COVID. Thought for sure that I was in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, I hope you get well soon.

Secondly, just because you are COVID positive, doesn't necessarily mean you are sick with it. And depending on what test you had, it could be a false positive. If you are perfectly healthy, with no secondary medical issues, you are likely sick with something else which has nothing to do with COVID at all.

You would be a great candidate for Ivermectin. But again, at your age, barring any other medical issues, you really have nothing to worry about. People get sick. And there are many other illnesses out there. COVID is not the only reason people get sick.

Check out John Campbell's Channel -- search it for the questions you have -- I would defer to his explanations and understanding.

"Campbell has made repeatedly made false claims about the use of the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment, spread misleading commentary about vaccine safety, and wrongly claimed that deaths from COVID-19 have been over-counted"

Y'all need to stop with the pseudoscience. This thread is starting to worry me.

Ivermectin for COVID is bad advice. It's popular in conspiracy theory circles but can be very dangerous for humans.

This is a forum for the AxeFX. Please do not come here for medical advice. Go to qualified medical professionals. Avoid Facebook and Youtube. You're already getting pointed to conspiracy theorists, medical quacks and people not qualified to give advice here. I recommend this thread be deleted.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consu...-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

"Campbell has made repeatedly made false claims about the use of the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin as a COVID-19 treatment, spread misleading commentary about vaccine safety, and wrongly claimed that deaths from COVID-19 have been over-counted"

Y'all need to stop with the pseudoscience. This thread is starting to worry me.
Also, if it isn't peer reviewed and from a reputable source, then you have further spread of misinformation....

To see Cliff promoting the use of Ivermectin just dropped my jaw...I'm seriously bummed right now.

Mine too. Because someone is a genius in one area does not mean they are qualified in other areas. Part of the problem with medical misinformation is that people like the OP (sorry, not meaning to pick on you) go to places like Facebook and here rather than qualified sources. People on the internet can sound quite convincing, using flawed studies, logical fallacies. Point is, people on the internet can post whatever they want. It doesn't mean it's accepted medical science. I suggest people study the scientific method and what goes into it.

For something to become accepted medical science by the medical community, a rigorous system of peer review and reproducible methodologies must exist.

Cliff, I love ya man, I've been using your products since 2010 and will continue to do so, but this is not a place for medical advice.

Yes, I saw that in wiki. And, I actually saw the videos they are referring to.

@Overcaster, I understand your concern. There are ridiculous emotional currents claiming Ivermectin is a cure. Campbell never made those claims. He simply presented 20 or so peer-reviewed observational studies that showed Ivermectin getting respectable results - something HCQ never did. The first study, which he didn't present, was retracted because it didn't have a large enough group to be statistically significant. The authors then lied and said the study was larger by pretending to have done it at several other hospitals. After that, I was quite put off by Ivermectin. However, the following studies showed promise. Still, these are observational studies not scientific experiments -- their results are provisional. At the very best, Ivermectin is not a cure it simply scrambles the virus's replications. It just slows it down a little. It is more about lowering the viral load.

It is worth comparing what Campbell actually says to what people say he said. One of the things I have seen in the last two years is how often a reference does not support what an article claims. If you don't compare the reference, or the study, you would never know.

I have limited myself to scientific studies, only. I am all about masks and vaccines. I have spent the last two years trying to convince people to wear k95 masks, avoid crowds and to take COVID seriously. It has been very disheartening. I have 3 friends, from my past, who refused to get vaccinated and have died from COVID. I would never suggest Ivermectin in place of professional care -- and neither does Campbell.

When I take supplements that is jumping to a conclusion. Which, I consider to be an educated guess with good probabilities. But, studies only prove exactly what they test -- inferences are not a given. I don't forget that.

Ivermectin and zinc.
Covid Pneumonia almost killed me six weeks ago. My doctor here in California would not (could not?) prescribe Ivermectin, or monoclonal antibodies. He prescribed a cough syrup, Ibuprofen, an inhaler, and a small Prednisone treatment.

A week later, I could barely get off of the couch and was really struggling for air and was almost a goner. I was taking all meds prescribed. My daughter (out of desperation) got me the actual 'Horse Paste' from a local animal feed store. I was very reluctant to say the least, but desperate enough to go online and look up how much to take, and did so. Also started a second, heavier dose of Prednisone that same night. I was sweating all night like I never had before. But felt better the next morning for the first time in two weeks. Not sure which helped more, so I finished the five-day Steroid treatment and stopped the Ivermectin (twice), and started getting worse both times? Re-started the Ivermectin and felt better in a couple of hours? Continued using it daily for 10 days. Tested negative at that point.

I still have leftover damage and scaring in my lungs from the pneumonia, and some concentration problems. But, went back to work three weeks ago and getting a little better every day.

Just my experience. Don't go crazy everybody.

Last edited:
Covid Pneumonia almost killed me six weeks ago. My doctor here in California would not (could not?) prescribe Ivermectin, or monoclonal antibodies. He prescribed a cough syrup, Ibuprofen, an inhaler, and a small Prednisone treatment.

A week later, I could barely get off of the couch and was really struggling for air and was almost a goner. I was taking all meds prescribed. My daughter (out of desperation) got me the actual 'Horse Paste' from a local animal feed store. I was very reluctant, but desperate enough to go online and look up how much to take, and did so. Also started a second, heavier dose of Prednisone that same night. I was sweating all night like I never had before. But felt better the next morning for the first time in two weeks. Not sure which helped more, so I finished the five-day Steroid treatment and stopped the Ivermectin (twice), and started getting worse both times? Re-started the Ivermectin and felt better in a couple of hours? Continued using it daily for 10 days. Tested negative at that point.

I still have leftover damage and scaring in my lungs from the pneumonia, and some concentration problems. But, went back to work three weeks ago and getting a little better every day.
Similar story to my friend who was helped by ivermectin. She literally was desperate for life and sanity and couldn’t get local doctors to prescribe anything. Fortunately, she found a doctor in a neighbor state that prescribed ivermectin and steroids. Literally hours after the initial dose she was feeling better.

Similar story to my friend who was helped by ivermectin. She literally was desperate for life and sanity and couldn’t get local doctors to prescribe anything. Fortunately, she found a doctor in a neighbor state that prescribed ivermectin and steroids. Literally hours after the initial dose she was feeling better.
It's a shame that this thread will devolve into a political fight, as this topic is so charged.

I'm just glad to still be around.

You can close this thread now...

Man, I haven't got Covid yet(knocks on wood) but I'm taking my first road trip up the coast since the pandemic began and now you guys have me nervous...sounds like a lot of people are still getting really sick out there.

Here's to hoping everyone struggling with this has a speedy recovery.

Ya know maybe taking steroids was the key?

Everything comes down to extreme bias and anecdotal evidence.
"I took ivermectin and then I got well" - Implying that it wouldn't have happened otherwise despite not knowing what would have happened.
It's like saying "I drank water and it cured covid". A steroidal treatment can really curb a few of the nasty side-effects of covid and make you feel better but it should always be prescribed first.

I have limited myself to scientific studies, only. I am all about masks and vaccines. I have spent the last two years trying to convince people to wear k95 masks, avoid crowds and to take COVID seriously. It has been very disheartening. I have 3 friends, from my past, who refused to get vaccinated and have died from COVID. I would never suggest Ivermectin in place of professional care
That sounds a bit more level-headed, well done!

As a health-care professional I would like to get people off the idea that there is some miracle cure out there. There isn't, I promise you. There are some really advanced treatments that should only be used in hospitals because they are quite expensive.
I care about the health of people and have seen enough people who ruined themselves with meds and drugs, especially the "My neighbour took..." kind.

I haven't kept up with Campbell's videos. But, I am visiting the new ones mentioned in the his wiki entry. The one about Ivermectin in Japan did not seem unusual to me. He spent most of his time talking about the other possible reasons for the sudden drop in COVID cases in Japan.

I understand the problem with anecdotal evidence. It is simply unable to prove anything, one way or the other. And, bias plays a big part in most stories about most things. Observational studies are only a bit better than anecdotes.

Still, following the references is so important. I may not able to peer-review the studies I read. But, I am able to read them. And, it is easy to see if someone is being honest with their sources.

Firstly, I hope you get well soon.

Secondly, just because you are COVID positive, doesn't necessarily mean you are sick with it. And depending on what test you had, it could be a false positive. If you are perfectly healthy, with no secondary medical issues, you are likely sick with something else which has nothing to do with COVID at all.

You would be a great candidate for Ivermectin. But again, at your age, barring any other medical issues, you really have nothing to worry about. People get sick. And there are many other illnesses out there. COVID is not the only reason people get sick.
Personnaly so far I have been more sick from 2nd and 3rd vaccination than a lot of things else. Still convinced of the positive part of that but just hoping this will all be part of history asap.

Get better soon. I’m sorry to everyone who’s been hit by this son of a bitch. My wife and I were hit by the most brutal I-can’t-move flu in December of 2019, and we’ve often wondered if it was Covid, if it was circulating in Denver earlier than anyone knew. We love visiting Asian grocery stores, so I felt like someone returning or visiting from China may easily have brought it over that early. At that time we just took my favorite immune supplement, Source Naturals Wellness Formula, which in general helps me to recover from any kind of run of the mill cold. It includes every immune booster I would have wanted to take separately. But for anyone who knows or suspects they have Covid, I would go to a doctor, and wear an N95 while heavily shredding virus.

Best of luck.
Here in the DC area a BUNCH of us had some kinda “this is a weird freaking flu” thing that lasted forever. It was so bad that my office actually started passing out hand sanitizer. That was Jan 2020 and as well all know by the Mar 2020 the world was closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom