Cool things you can do with the AxeII and a Vigier Surfreter

TakaraGold

Experienced
Hi guys,
Just wanted to share this crazy Sitar sound I got with my new fretless Vigier and an old Sitar preset I got from Yek's presets I think. I stripped the preset down, and added an additional chain for a clean and highly compressed guitar tone (Fender Vibrochamp and Santiago Altec cab).
So I got the true guitar tone mixed with the Sitar tone.
I had a Tampura D droning backing track playing and just improvised a bit over it.
The Vigier is simply a whole different instrument. The possibilities are limitless, and with the AxeFxII, I have the power to create a universe of sounds.

603c30a149614d10a9038481e24731d2.jpg

Leo Zuker - Vigier Excalibur Surfreter guitar solo using "Sitar" sound created with AxeFxII - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
Just wanted to share this crazy Sitar sound I got with my new fretless Vigier and an old Sitar preset I got from Yek's presets I think. I stripped the preset down, and added an additional chain for a clean and highly compressed guitar tone (Fender Vibrochamp and Santiago Altec cab).
So I got the true guitar tone mixed with the Sitar tone.
I had a Tampura D droning backing track playing and just improvised a bit over it.
The Vigier is simply a whole different instrument. The possibilities are limitless, and with the AxeFxII, I have the power to create a universe of sounds.

603c30a149614d10a9038481e24731d2.jpg

Leo Zuker - Vigier Excalibur Surfreter guitar solo using "Sitar" sound created with AxeFxII - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great - can you post the Sitar preset here as well?????

There are seven main modes in Indian music (major scale = Bilaval) from these 7 all ragas come from. There are a few books with a ton of scales/modes/ragas my favorite being Ragapedia by Ashwin Batish!

On a happy note I just received my invitation to buy the Axe (been stalking for waaaay too long) and I can't wait to hook up my Sitar, Bouzouki and guitar!

Back
Top Bottom