Not a Bug Controller issue

simeon

Axe-Master
so i have two volume pedals connected to one volume block. this works fine if i leave one set at toe up (0%), i can use the other as normal, as operation is set to src1+src2
however, if i unplug one of the pedals, then the one plugged in does nothing.
setup > midi/remote > initial value of both externals is set to zero, so it should work, as the external that isn't connected should register as 0%
if i play with the initial value of the controller that isn't connected and set it to 100 and then return it to zero, everything works as expected. i'm wondering if that value isn't being registered until it's changed.
a bit esoteric this one, sorry

the unit is supposed to detect whether the controller is connected. if it isn't, it sets a default value for that controller. mine is set to zero, but it thinks it's either set to 100, or something else has happened

Connected to what exactly? An FC6/12? A MIDI controller?

The expression pedal inputs on the Axe-Fx and on the FC6/12 have pullup resistors. If a pedal is unplugged the value goes to 100%. This is done so that if a pedal is connected to volume and you forget your volume pedal you'll still have sound.

Apologies for the paucity of information, it’s been a long day. The pedals are connected to an FC12. It was my understanding that if the pedal wasn’t connected, then the default value was the one set by the user, but I see now that’s incorrect. I’ve changed the relevant presets to accommodate.

"src1 x src 2"
Addition in log space is a good solution in many instances related to signal processing :smileycat:

Clarifying that src1 + src2 doesn't work, that is, pins the value to 100%?

Were there any other combos of settings that worked?

Back
Top Bottom