Wish Consistency to naming of amp models

The amp names could stand to be cleaned up a bit. But I think that's just one symptom of the bigger problem where it's hard to find things on the Axe-FX. When you have 300 amps, you need some help to sift through them to find what you want. It's the same with blocks, presets, and IR's. It should be possible to organize them into categories, sort them, filter them, rate them, tag them, add comments, etc. And I would love to have Yek's guide built-in. It sure would be nice to have something like this in the editor:

soundsource2.jpg

Last edited:
Save it for the next gen processors, as the UI might get an overhaul and perhaps the models themselves maybe too (integrating multiple models into single one). For the record: just speculation.
If it's just a display label (which it seems to be given sometimes models are renamed when new iterations are added like the 2204 LOW model causing the old one to be renamed to HIGH) and there's an internal ID that won't break presets (which also appears true) then there's no particular reason it would need to wait for new hardware.

The amp names could stand to be cleaned up a bit. But I think that's just one symptom of the bigger problem where it's hard to find things on the Axe-FX. When you have 300 amps, you need some help to sift through them to find what you want. It's the same with blocks, presets, and IR's. It should be possible to organize them into categories, sort them, filter them, rate them, tag them, add comments, etc. And I would love to have Yek's guide built-in. It sure would be nice to have something like this in the editor:

View attachment 133807
Would love the editor enhancements as well, but Fractal would really need to write the amp guide. And if this is embedded in the editor, an FX guide would make sense as well.

Yek's effort was Herculean, but Fractal should really be the ones producing that type of resource.

Would love the editor enhancements as well, but Fractal would really need to write the amp guide. And if this is embedded in the editor, an FX guide would make sense as well.

Yek's effort was Herculean, but Fractal should really be the ones producing that type of resource.

Thanks but 🤔
Should every modeling company enclose a wiki with detailed descriptions of everything that has been modeled in their documentation? Not only a huge effort bus also possibly crossing some legal boundaries.

I've put together a simple system.
In principle, I only use a few Marshall amps and a good clean sound
Like Yngwie said. Less is more. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Ole
Thanks but 🤔
Should every modeling company enclose a wiki with detailed descriptions of everything that has been modeled in their documentation? Not only a huge effort bus also possibly crossing some legal boundaries.
Pretty much every other company already does this (not in wiki form, but in their amp guides) and protects themselves with "inspired by" or some similar language.

Pretty much every other company already does this (not in wiki form, but in their amp guides) and protects themselves with "inspired by" or some similar language.

Sure?

Helix just has single-line descriptions. Just like FAS did in the past until the amp collection became too large to cover / keep up with.

Fender's guide (BTW, very hard to find online) is also very basic: pic + 1 or 2 text lines + controls.

Sure?

Helix just has single-line descriptions. Just like FAS did in the past until the amp collection became too large to cover / keep up with.

Fender's guide (BTW, very hard to find online) is also very basic: pic + 1 or 2 text lines + controls.
I'm not really sure what you're arguing right now.

We used to mod the amp names in the firmware in the good old days. Understandably, Cliff started encrypting the firmware to protect Fractal’s intellectual property. It would be cool to have an official way to rename.
That would be cool. Someone (not FAS) could make a list with all the actual names of the amps that could just be loaded in perhaps.

View attachment 133807
that would be awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom