Comfortable Axe (Solo100 with AC30 ToneStack)

hunter

Experienced
Quite bright, but it's a fun combo.

Played with a stock MM Axis FR model. Recorded through an SM57 on Bogner 4x12 and an E609 on a Greenback in a ported 2x12 (panned hard left hard right). The FX are in the Axe, so they were recorded with the mics too, which makes it a bit lacking punch in the recording.

Here's the clip:
http://www.klangforschungszentrum.de/te ... le_axe.mp3

That's a smooth lead tone man. I'm surprised there are a hundred listens on this and nobody commented yet. By the way, do you master your clips, and with what?

Really nice tone and playing. Always enjoyable to hear actual mic'ed cabs, as I'm quite "volume challenged" these days.

Deltones said:
That's a smooth lead tone man. I'm surprised there are a hundred listens on this and nobody commented yet. By the way, do you master your clips, and with what?

No prob with the comments. Mastering good question. I use Logic and what I usually do is just put the adaptive limiter in the master strip. Not very sophisticated, but makes the mix loud and doesn't squish it too badly.

mitch said:
Really nice tone and playing. Always enjoyable to hear actual mic'ed cabs, as I'm quite "volume challenged" these days.

For me it's more a feel thing. I don't think the recorded sound with the axe direct is any inferior, but when I play I miss the real thump when I use direct and my studio monitors.

Great clip Hunter, that is a fantastic lead tone.... In fact everytime I hear one of your clips it makes me wonder if I should switch over to a Power Amp and Guitar Cab setup :twisted:

Love it!

it was really a general question for everyone so I can get an answer like "yeah sure I get similar sounds all the time through my FRFR system its definatly possible"

anything to prevent the GAS pangs of getting a Power amp and Cab (or 12 just for the versitility :p )

hunter, what a great work! I really like the tasty mix of Gilmours original solo (which is one of the greatest of all time) with your own attitude, although I like Gilmour's work in the last third of the second lead better... Great sound, too.

RiF said:
hunter, what a great work! I really like the tasty mix of Gilmours original solo (which is one of the greatest of all time) with your own attitude, although I like Gilmour's work in the last third of the second lead better... Great sound, too.

+1

Hunter, I flat out love your playing and clips.

Helps that Comfortably Numb is one of my fav Floyd tunes.

Brian G said:
Hunter, I flat out love your playing and clips.

Helps that Comfortably Numb is one of my fav Floyd tunes.

Wow that's very nice of you!

While I am jobless these days, if you know anyone who'd hire me as a guitarist, please recommend :mrgreen:

Gotta say though, the Axe is in the loop doing just FX duties at the moment, I am too thrilled about the tone of that new/old amp of mine to use Axe's preamp right now (I'm sure it will be temporary, this) :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnybeB5-BEc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEbSkLa0JUE

Back
Top Bottom