Come play an AxeFx through AccuGroove's new FRFR & Guitar Cabs at NAMM

Accugroove: back from the dead! Based on their past offerings, I am not surprised that Cliff says they sound great.

But, I must admit, separate drivers means harder to mic when mic'ing is called for (I know wherof I speak - my cab is loosely related to accugrooves and has 3 drivers). The coincident array of the CLRs seems to present an easier mic'ing option.

But, I must admit, separate drivers means harder to mic when mic'ing is called for (I know wherof I speak - my cab is loosely related to accugrooves and has 3 drivers). The coincident array of the CLRs seems to present an easier mic'ing option.
Help me understand: why would you mic a FRFR monitor, unless you want to capture how it falls short of perfect sound reproduction? Even then...why? :)

Help me understand: why would you mic a FRFR monitor, unless you want to capture how it falls short of perfect sound reproduction? Even then...why? :)

Several reasons: 1) The house sound guy is an ass and insists on mic'ing it. 2) The house sound guy has no cables and adapters, and I forgot mine (i.e. we're both asses) 3) (the reason I do this): I like to control my volume post axe-fx - I switch from mic to guitar to viola all through my gigs - and I have stuff after my axe and before my amp (boomerang looper). I don't have an extra volume pedal yet - when I do, it'll solve the problem: I'll have volume control right before the amp. But for now, I only have a volume pedal between my mixer (for the aforementioned viola, guitar and mic) and my Axe and can easily blow everything to hell with feedback etc. without that last level of control - so I actually control my overall volume with my Matrix volume knob, post everything of course. Truthfully, I have no perfect solution for my unusual problem (how many people mic up all kinds of percussion and flutes and feed it into an axe?). I figure that when I do get the new volume pedal, I'll then need to split the signal from there - one for the PA, and one to my Matrix (or my CLR, if I end up going that way). I don't know if that will introduce new problems.

Last edited:
Several reasons: 1) The house sound guy is an ass and insists on mic'ing it.
It's rare to find a house guy who's such an ass that a little gentle persuasion won't get him to at least try running direct.

2) The house sound guy has no cables and adapters, and I forgot mine (i.e. we're both asses)
If the sound guy has a cable to plug in a mic, that same cable is perfectly suited to plugging directly into the Axe.

3) (the reason I do this): I like to control my volume post axe-fx - I switch from mic to guitar to viola all through my gigs - and I have stuff after my axe and before my amp (boomerang looper). I don't have an extra volume pedal yet - when I do, it'll solve the problem:...
I'm totally not getting how adding a mic gives you more volume control.

One more opportunity to check out our AxeFx/AccuGroove combo. The trio (Keith Horne, Nathan Sletner, Marc Cooper) will be playing at the Canadian Music Magazine Bash after the NAMM Bass Bash.

9-10 and 10:30-11:30pm at the Sheridan Hotel located right across from the Anaheim Convention Center.

Come check it out.

are these in the same price range as the CLR and RCF or are these more "Upscale" offerings?

Last edited:
These sound great! Too bad I won't be at NAMM to see/hear in person... would love to hear a demo with just AXE tones. It's hard to tell b/c of all the other loops and samples going on.... So far the description of "studio monitors on steroids" seems like a pretty good one...

jy8urene.jpg

Here we are fellas with our Fractal rigs. Come on over.

Back
Top Bottom