CLOCK NOISE on D/A Conversion

wesardis

I'm using my new Axe II as an interface for guitar tracking on Logic 9. Every few moments during playback, I hear a small hiccup, sometimes accompanied with a pop. I keep rewinding playback to make sure it's not on the original material, but it never happens in the same place.

I've made sure I'm only using the Axe as the converter for Logic and not with other programs. My best guess is it's because I'm running Lion OS, but if anyone's overcome this issue, please let me know what to do.

Thanks for the quick response. My Duet USB is working fine, which made me think it might not be the OS, but if you say so...

FWIW - Apple has a history of not fixing their own bugs and basically doing nothing (until they feel like it) even when given evidence/proof. I have a couple of personal experiences (at the corporate level) of that occurring.

FWIW - Apple has a history of not fixing their own bugs and basically doing nothing (until they feel like it) even when given evidence/proof. I have a couple of personal experiences (at the corporate level) of that occurring.
interesting! I'm not too Suprised though. Do you happen to remember how bad the bugs were? I like story time :D

interesting! I'm not too Suprised though. Do you happen to remember how bad the bugs were? I like story time :D
Let's just say they were security related - web security. They basically ignored the findings and refused to even acknowledge the problem. One was with Safari, and other was.... oh well, you get my point.

They seem to have responded to Cliff's request PDQ!!

I'm using my new Axe II as an interface for guitar tracking on Logic 9. Every few moments during playback, I hear a small hiccup, sometimes accompanied with a pop. I keep rewinding playback to make sure it's not on the original material, but it never happens in the same place.

I've made sure I'm only using the Axe as the converter for Logic and not with other programs. My best guess is it's because I'm running Lion OS, but if anyone's overcome this issue, please let me know what to do.

Yeah, happens here all the time too, only playback, not recording. Glad to read it's going to be fixed.

You guys don't have the pops and drop out in the recorded takes do you?

Actually, after working with it for a while, I've noticed it never happens while recording. I should note I'm using the Axe's USB for A/D and my Apogee for D/A, because I've found this eliminates most of the popping while we wait for the update.

Yes, the pops only happen on playback. The Apple driver is not using the correct clock source for the OUT stream. They claim to have fixed it but I don't know when it will be released.

Back
Top Bottom