CLIP: 1987X is my favorite Marshall for sure!!

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor

This is a song demo for my band Koalia. I wrote this song today.

Guitar is a Fender Stratocaster Classic Player 60s Strat with Suhr V60LP pickups. Just sounds perfect on each mic position with the 1987X it's crazy.

Cab is my OwnHammer V32 mix as in other clips like the Slipknot one... yeah... versatile. ;)

oh_mix.jpg

Attachments

• 1987X OH.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 118
Haha... yeah the patch makes me wanna go crazy with my strat. :D BTW bass is also the strat. Just tuned down one octave with Axe-Fx and Ampeg amp sim. :)

I, too, prefer the 1978x over every other Marshall in the unit. I thought there was something wrong with me! HA!

It definitely just gets me that sound of ROCK that I'm looking for in a Marshall. Good tuneage man!

I, too, prefer the 1978x over every other Marshall in the unit. I thought there was something wrong with me! HA!

It definitely just gets me that sound of ROCK that I'm looking for in a Marshall. Good tuneage man!

Nah man! Bonamassa swears by it and he's one of the biggest purists out there. You don't even have to drop the volume that much to make it clean. It's great!

I've always been drawn to the Plexi 100. I never paid much attention to the 1987X. I'm going to have to revisit that one for sure. Well, you make it sound good anyway. Of course, everything you post sounds good. You've got a great ear, and a real good instinct when it comes to writing.

I've come full circle on my guitars these days, and I've settled back in on my Strats. I have a couple of first generation Strat Plus's that I've loaded up with Dimarzio Injectors. Those Suhr pickups sound really nice.

I tend to play my main strat (LsL) the majority of the time and I agree on the 1987x- it's been one of my favorite Marshall models in the Axe II from early on. Great clip Clark Kent..

I've always been drawn to the Plexi 100. I never paid much attention to the 1987X. I'm going to have to revisit that one for sure. Well, you make it sound good anyway. Of course, everything you post sounds good. You've got a great ear, and a real good instinct when it comes to writing.

I've come full circle on my guitars these days, and I've settled back in on my Strats. I have a couple of first generation Strat Plus's that I've loaded up with Dimarzio Injectors. Those Suhr pickups sound really nice.

That's too kind! I haven't been with my gear for 6 months and now I'm just bursting out 6 months worth of GAS. I love my strat but dammit it's hard to solo with this thing.

Also worth mentioning! I'm using the TREBLE channel of the amp only and didn't really care for the jumpered sims.

CK - what DAW are you using and how are you doing your drum tracks?

The guitars sound cool by the way too!!

I use Cubase and the drums are Superior Drummer. IIRC that's the Avatar kit with the Nir-Z snare and just some minor subtractive EQ on the tracks. NLS and Kramer tape on every track to make everything sound more analog. After that it's all about volume balance. :) Less is more for sure!

Thanks man! :)

Cool. That Superior Drummer sounds pretty good!! Is NLS and Kramer some Waves Plug Ins? I use Reason, so I'm out of the loop regarding all the cool VST's and stuff...

OK Clark, I haven't tried your patch yet. But here is the funny thing. Over the weekend, my band set up the full PA, as if we were doing a show, and really tried to tweak our settings to get everything sounding just right. For the most part, the sound guy did have my EQ flat. But he showed me some minor things he had to do just to get me to pop in the mix.

I've been debating on what to do with my sound so that I could get my raw sound just a little closer to "perfect" as far as sitting in the mix. I was going to try a few different IR's, or just some minor adjustments to the amp EQ. Well, right now I just tried changing from the Plexi 100 to the 1987X, and pretty much left everything where I had it. The 1987X seems to have exactly what I was missing. It's just a little extra snap in all the right places. I'm really curious to see if just by switching to that will it give it that little help it needed.

Now, on to trying your patch. :)

Cool. That Superior Drummer sounds pretty good!! Is NLS and Kramer some Waves Plug Ins? I use Reason, so I'm out of the loop regarding all the cool VST's and stuff...

Yes they are Waves plugins. Non-linear summing is emulating analog desks and the Kramer tape is emulating recording on tape. Just gives you that analog magic color. :)

I've been listening to this song since you posted. Figured out the riff and the chords and been jamming along. rockin' jam :) :)

Thanks for the upload!

Well done! I like that raw rock sound. Some nice contrapuntal lines going on there. Reminds me of something off the Foo Fighters' Wasting Light album.

GREAT ONE !!! SO... how do u upload user cabs to the axe fx ? ... I ve been tryin and lookin around the forum and couldnt found ... the axe manager is not working yet so ....

Back
Top Bottom