Cliffs of Dover (Live)

Cooper Carter

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Got asked to play in my high school's Alumni Talent Show for my 5th Reunion, so my best friend and I reprised our Homecoming performance of "Cliffs of Dover." There are a couple of small flubs, but I was pretty happy with it.

The lead tone sounds thin through the camera mic, which is a damn shame since it sounded HUUUGE in the room. I was completely geeking out soundchecking.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Really well done, and you can tell the sound was huge! Hate that we cannot hear that part of it, but it seems that the crowd did! Bravo...

Very nice!!! Don't ya just hate what those digital camera mics do to our finely crafted tone? I always take a feed from the mixer into the cameras audio input and do a soundcheck to make sure you're not overloading it.

Stellar playing man!!!

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Ah. Nice job! One day, I'm going to sit my ass down and learn this tune. It's a great tune and you did it justice.

Thanks you all so much for the compliments! I'm glad you enjoyed it...

I'll be posting a note-for-note lesson of the middle solo section (without the two missed notes I hit live!) later today for the 26th SoloAWeek!

Great playing, but if I were you I would get some kind of case for the Axe Fx. I would be really uncomfortable leaving it naked on the stage like that. I use a 2U gator rack bag and it works extremely well. The thing took a pretty nasty spill on to asphalt and didn't skip a beat.

Great playing, but if I were you I would get some kind of case for the Axe Fx. I would be really uncomfortable leaving it naked on the stage like that. I use a 2U gator rack bag and it works extremely well. The thing took a pretty nasty spill on to asphalt and didn't skip a beat.

Haha absolutely! I have a custom shock-mounted case being made to spec by a great company to house the Axe, MFC, and XPs that I will be using starting with some festival dates in January. I haven't yet taken delivery of it though as it's still being made. I am religiously careful with the Axe and figured it'd be pretty safe at my old high school for an hour or so.

You really nailed the essence of Eric's playing and that is not easily done. I was going to suggest you post a lesson but you were two steps ahead of me. Very nice man, and a flub or two in a live scenario on such a challenging song is nothing compared to the overall accomplishment. Again, very well done!

Great job, m8! Really enjoyed it. Keep at it, mate!

ps. Nothing major but wanted to ask you a technical question. In the beginning you had the ambient E going through your single line notes. How did you do that? Is there like a EH's 'FREEZE' pedal in the AxeFx?

Back
Top Bottom