Cliff, Tri-stereo chorus figured out?

Enzo Sutera said:
tonygtr said:
I always wondered about that too. I've never heard that in any recordings of the Tri-stereo. It's because in the preset, the rate is extremely slow unless you activate the virtual "Rate jack" (it's down to 0.025hz for chorus 3 and 4), also there is no minimum delay time. When the rate jack is on, the rate is 3.02Hz for chorus 1 and 2, and 0.302hz for 3 and 4, and the minimum delay time is around 7.5ms.

On the slow rate setting the delay time for each chorus is 1.00 ms. This is the lowest allowed value inside the Quad Chorus. To my knowledge this happens on the real TRI as well in a way the minimum delay time increases when the rate jack is active. This makes the chorus wider and adds space.
It was a long time ago that I programmed this preset.. maybe it´s time to recheck it. I´ll look at it this week when I have the time.

Sorry, you're right, it's 1ms. I'm still not sure if the rate jack changes anything other than the rate though.

Fantastic patch, Enzo. Yours is the best I have heard. Thanks for the effort you made and especially for sharing it.

I tinkered with the quad chorus some more. My conclusion is this: If you have the rate extremely slow (like the slow setting of the tri preset), and have the depth too high, then you're going to get a slapback at certain points during the LFOs travel.

Enzo Sutera said:
It was a long time ago that I programmed this preset.. maybe it´s time to recheck it. I´ll look at it this week when I have the time.
That would be cool !

tonygtr said:
I tinkered with the quad chorus some more. My conclusion is this: If you have the rate extremely slow (like the slow setting of the tri preset), and have the depth too high, then you're going to get a slapback at certain points during the LFOs travel.
I guess the question is if that behaviour of the block could be ironed out. To me it sounds very Tri at that slow speed and being a sucker for slow, almost static choruses, it would be perfect without the slapback...

VegaBaby said:
tonygtr said:
I guess the question is if that behaviour of the block could be ironed out. To me it sounds very Tri at that slow speed and being a sucker for slow, almost static choruses, it would be perfect without the slapback...

Personally, I don't think it's a bug. It's just how a chorus reacts at those extreme settings. I would suggest lowering the depth some, or raising the rate.

Bluesberry Jam said:
tonygtr said:
Bluesberry Jam":raqsw8p4]I didn't find this Tri-Chorus patch in this thread. Did I miss something?[/quote] It's in another thread somewhere.[/quote] Thank you. Here it is: [url="http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7697&p=77033&hilit=trichorus#p77033 said:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7697&p=77033&hilit=trichorus#p77033[/url][/quote:raqsw8p4]

I take it back; that was not the Tri-Chorus patch in that zipped file, there is no chorus at all in that patch. :(

BBJ

Bluesberry Jam said:
I take it back; that was not the Tri-Chorus patch in that zipped file, there is no chorus at all in that patch. :(

BBJ

Yeah I got that from the Axe-change and the editor. A little sorting bug there.
Here is the file:

Attachments

• trichorus.syx
    2 KB · Views: 285
Thank you again Sean!
That combination of Pitch and QuadChorus fits very well in some of my clean presets. :p

Was anyone ever able to do a stripped down version of this that ran on the Standard for those of us that don't have the Ultra. I trust the answer is "no", but I figured I'd ask. Thanks!

Regs,
Jeff

VegaBaby said:
Enzo Sutera said:
That would be cool !

checked it today.. finally found the time

set LFO3 RATE MULT to 1.000 instead of 0.100 and the "slapback" goes away.
I dont really remember why I have set it like this but I cannot hear any big difference setting it to 1.000

Enzo Sutera said:
VegaBaby said:
[quote="Enzo Sutera":33tfwpq1]
That would be cool !

I dont really remember why I have set it like this but I cannot hear any big difference setting it to 1.000[/quote:33tfwpq1]
Testing now. RAWK :D !!!

Enzo Sutera said:
VegaBaby said:
[quote="Enzo Sutera":2nkoz2vv]
That would be cool !

I dont really remember why I have set it like this but I cannot hear any big difference setting it to 1.000[/quote:2nkoz2vv]
That sure worked :D . I was always wondering about that low setting, but thought it's part of the design which you analysed so well (LFO4 MULT is set the same way). Doesn't seems to make much of a difference indeed on a low rate setting either. Should it be in the 'rate on' (fast) setting on 1.000 as well ?

Back
Top Bottom