Cleaning up the SV Bass amp

Gabaghoul

Inspired
Looking for an amp with a very clean bass tone when turned all the way up but it seems the SV Bass amp I was using today seems to saturate very early on. Is there a way to keep it clean throughout its range or is there a better amp to use for a nice amount of clean headroom at high volumes?

As far as real amps are concerned, I use an EBS Reidmar live (think Marcus Miller kind of tone) and that sound is a little more “hi-if” and cleaner than the SVT, not that I don’t like the SVT but I’m trying to replicate the Reidmar. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sorry. I guess that wasn’t very clear. I just meant clean headroom without any breakup even at high volumes/level.

You can set the volume / level to whatever you want, regardless of what the amp is doing. Even if you turn the gain and master on an amp to 1 so it's very quiet you can still crank up the block level and make it loud.

Less gain on input and lower master volume on the virtual SV to get the level of clean tone you like. Then increase volume
with Axe-FX block or output levels. Maybe most importantly, turn up the power amp or powered speaker.

More detail is needed about the entire rig including amplification.

That worked. Thanks guys. I have to say, it sounds really good. I am surprised. Modellers for bass usually dont do the "real bass" feel all that well. I actually think its harder to recreate than guitar if you know what you are looking for - feel, sound, punch, warmth, presence - it requires a seasoned ear. Most people dont understand the bass at all.

I'd love to see some more amps produced by Fractal. Be cool to see them knock it out of the park. EBS, GK, Genzler would be at the top of my list. What else do they offer in the 3?

That worked. Thanks guys. I have to say, it sounds really good. I am surprised. Modellers for bass usually dont do the "real bass" feel all that well. I actually think its harder to recreate than guitar if you know what you are looking for - feel, sound, punch, warmth, presence - it requires a seasoned ear. Most people dont understand the bass at all.

I'd love to see some more amps produced by Fractal. Be cool to see them knock it out of the park. EBS, GK, Genzler would be at the top of my list. What else do they offer in the 3?

Go to the wiki and download the very comprehensive and useful @yek’s amplifier guide.

Back
Top Bottom