Clean amp models

count_chocolat

Experienced
With all the amp models available in the axe 2, which ones in your opinion stand out as the best for cleans. No mid gain or just on the edge, just real nice cleans.

Cheers,

I'm liking the Super Reverb and the Bandmaster quite a bit. With a Strat they work well. Believe it or not, the Fox ODS works fantastic if you drop the gain, then go to the advanced parameters and drop Input Gain down to .200-.300. Then raise the Pwr Amp Bias and play with raising the Damping control. Ends up being very clean, but really dynamic. Robben Ford/Dumble clean, controlled feedback and sustain even clean. Been finding a lot of amps I like to go this route on, I don't play really heavy distortion. Dropping the Input Gain can really make some of the higher gain amps work for me if you play with the other settings I mentioned. I am also pairing my clean/pushed amps with the Mills 4x12 cab, either with no mic, or the R121. Getting some great sounds.

With all the amp models available in the axe 2, which ones in your opinion stand out as the best for cleans. No mid gain or just on the edge, just real nice cleans.

Cheers,

I'm liking the Super Reverb and the Bandmaster quite a bit. With a Strat they work well. Believe it or not, the Fox ODS works fantastic if you drop the gain, then go to the advanced parameters and drop Input Gain down to .200-.300. Then raise the Pwr Amp Bias and play with raising the Damping control. Ends up being very clean, but really dynamic. Robben Ford/Dumble clean, controlled feedback and sustain even clean. Been finding a lot of amps I like to go this route on, I don't play really heavy distortion. Dropping the Input Gain can really make some of the higher gain amps work for me if you play with the other settings I mentioned. I am also pairing my clean/pushed amps with the Mills 4x12 cab, either with no mic, or the R121. Getting some great sounds.

Thanks Bill - this is cool!

USA, Shiva(for raspy cleans), the JTM45 are the favorites. The fenders are great but I can't help but use them with a little gain, sounds so good.

Back
Top Bottom