Clark Kent's Zero Currency UltraRes IR Collection

At the moment that would be the Harley Benton 4x12 V30 from Thomann. :lol I was actually talking about that one with Irotlas already. I know people might be a bit prejudice but it really is a good sounding cab that's comparable with these big name cabs.
I was thinking about building a 2x12" cab (MDF) loaded with two V30s. I then realised that the Harley Benton cab you were talking about costed less than two V30 speakers from Thomann + wood from the local store + some screws.

OMG! I can't believe how good those IRs are. The Dollar and Quarter IRs are my new goto IRs for stereo image highgain amps (Which is weird considering one of them is 1x12, but somehow it works). And the pounds are best served with some nice mid-gainy pie.
I actually like those IRs more than the ownhammer, fractal and TAF freebies that came with FW14.

EDIT: and now I see you added another one. Damn, still have 7 hours of work to do before I get home. Can't wait to try it! Keep it coming, man! This forum needs a "Clark Kent Collection" of mix-ready IRs.

EDIT 2: Diggin' the naming convention. ;)
In case you're running out of names: "Thaler", "Kreutzer", "Penny", "Cent", "Euro", "Buck", "Grand", "Schilling", "Mark", "Lira"

EDIT 3: Can we donate?

Last edited:
Thanks man for your ongoing work and willingness to share
I really appreciate it

:)

man you should do a, axe fx tone / preset building dvd ..
I would have bought it, I'm surprised nobody has done one ..
being a "grasshopper" I could surely benefit from that kind of instructions ..

:)

* the supermans guide through the galaxy of sound and tone shaping *
bam bada bammmm

lol

Last edited:
I was thinking about building a 2x12" cab (MDF) loaded with two V30s. I then realised that the Harley Benton cab you were talking about costed less than two V30 speakers from Thomann + wood from the local store + some screws.
Not to mention that MDF is almost but not quite as heavy as concrete.
I built one. Easily twice the weight of a Marshall cab.

Haven't gotten around to trying the IRs yet. It's tax season over here.

:lol You guys are like:

shutupandtakemymoney_zps3bbbd52e.jpeg

At the moment that would be the Harley Benton 4x12 V30 from Thomann. :lol I was actually talking about that one with Irotlas already. I know people might be a bit prejudice but it really is a good sounding cab that's comparable with these big name cabs.

Reserve it for a Stiletto 4x12" ;)

Back
Top Bottom