Check out Leon's new presets

Can I just import them into my III even though they are FM3 ?

I’ve never tried that but will give it a shot later.

Can I just import them into my III even though they are FM3 ?

I’ve never tried that but will give it a shot later.
Yes. Presets for the FM3 work. You can use the backup file for the desired bank with Fractal-Bot, or use it with the Preset Manager and select individual presets, or export individual presets from the FM3 and import them one-by-one.

Can someone please convert these to Axe-Fx III? I love Leon's presets.
It's always a good idea to read through a thread before asking, even if it's a long thread because there's usually a lot of useful information, including possible answers to whatever questions you had.

The FM3 and FM9 run a subset of the blocks that are available on the FX3, so you can always load presets in the higher/bigger modeler, even if the presets were originally created on the smaller units. Sometimes the opposite is true also, depending on how the preset was defined.

It's always a good idea to read through a thread before asking, even if it's a long thread because there's usually a lot of useful information, including possible answers to whatever questions you had.

The FM3 and FM9 run a subset of the blocks that are available on the FX3, so you can always load presets in the higher/bigger modeler, even if the presets were originally created on the smaller units. Sometimes the opposite is true also, depending on how the preset was defined.
The presets are exported as bundles I could not find a way to convert bundles. If this is possible I have not found a way to do it. Your post was not very helpful.

The presets are exported as bundles I could not find a way to convert bundles. If this is possible I have not found a way to do it. Your post was not very helpful.
Bundles are newer technology and I’m not sure that they’re fully introduced in the FM* editors. I’ll double-check later when I’m at my computer. If they’re not, yet, they will be as there’s nothing I’ve read that limits them to just the FX3. (There’s a possibility that the cab that is embedded will not transfer into the FM9 or FM3 as they don’t support FullRes as that is a hardware limitation, but it’s possible to work around the cabs if you have a FX3 and want to move smaller cabs instead.)

Bundles are imported using a different tool, under the Preset menu, not through the Preset Manager.

PS - Bundles are implemented in Edit on the FM9 and FM3. See Preset > Import Preset. @AtomicBlaze

Last edited:
I was able to make it work just now. A "bundle" is a amp/cab-IR combination. You have to extract
all files first, and then import (as others in this thread have already mentioned) using the "Import
Preset" option. A window will open asking where you want to save it to (what Preset number).

Eazy peezy!

I was able to make it work just now. A "bundle" is a amp/cab-IR combination. You have to extract
all files first, and then import (as others in this thread have already mentioned) using the "Import
Preset" option. A window will open asking where you want to save it to (what Preset number).

Eazy peezy!
Thank you I will give it a try today.

Back
Top Bottom