Carvin DCM1540L

Picking up the rack case tonight for them.

I used to try to tote my Ultra with a 36lbs Mackie power amp. Was doable but good god.

I'm sure it won't be feather light in the case (Gator 4u) but I am sure it will be much more managable then the ultra and Mackie were, and just as manageable (or easier) then lugging my 2204 or my quickrod around.

Yes, it would. I had a TS100, upgraded to an Atomic 50/50 (which sounded better than the TS100), and then upgraded to the DCM1540L (which was better yet). Sounds better, more headroom, lighter, same "feel" with no tubes to replace.

That is a pretty solid endorsement for the DCM1540L! I remember watching Mark Day's video comparing the Atomic 50/50 to the Matrix GT800FX. Both amps sounded great. It would be interesting to hear a comparison between the Matrix GT1000FX and the Carvin DCM1540L.

Loving my DCM1540L. Sounds awesome, particularly into a real guitar cab. My FR speakers get here on Wednesday!!!

Fan's a little loud, but who cares on stage, I'll record direct out of the Axe, so no problem.

That is a pretty solid endorsement for the DCM1540L! I remember watching Mark Day's video comparing the Atomic 50/50 to the Matrix GT800FX. Both amps sounded great. It would be interesting to hear a comparison between the Matrix GT1000FX and the Carvin DCM1540L.

Yeah, I did not expect the Carvin to sound as good as it does, and was pleasantly surprised. It was one of those things where I thought I'd give it a try, but was expecting to be sending it back. I also agree, a comparison of the Carvin and Matrix would be interesting.

Yeah, I did not expect the Carvin to sound as good as it does, and was pleasantly surprised. It was one of those things where I thought I'd give it a try, but was expecting to be sending it back. I also agree, a comparison of the Carvin and Matrix would be interesting.

Any reviews on the QSC RMX series of power amps? I see these are also Class A/B just like the Carvin DCM1540L and the Matrix power amps....

a quick look at the RMX, they weigh around 40lb... compared to carvin's 14lb... and matrix's 9lb 1U model... with that weight I wouldn't bother personally.

a quick look at the RMX, they weigh around 40lb... compared to carvin's 14lb... and matrix's 9lb 1U model... with that weight I wouldn't bother personally.

I see that is the difference. What about in terms on someone like myself that doesn't gig and would use this solely in my studio? I have someone locally selling a QSC RMX 1450 for $150.00.

Soundwise wouldn't these be similar? I mainly play in a headphone enviroment in my studio or through my Adam A7's when monitoring but I also have a pair of Xitone passives that I am currently powering with an older ADA Mosfet poweramp. Looking for something with more power but with the sag.

I couldn't say. Never heard the TS100.

Would definitely be an upgrade for your back.

I demoed a TS100 which is an outstanding Tube Amp. If you were using a Pre-Amplifier through traditional guitar speakers I would highly recommend however not needed for modeling type applications such as AXE FX or Kemper.

I see that is the difference. What about in terms on someone like myself that doesn't gig and would use this solely in my studio? I have someone locally selling a QSC RMX 1450 for $150.00.

Soundwise wouldn't these be similar? I mainly play in a headphone enviroment in my studio or through my Adam A7's when monitoring but I also have a pair of Xitone passives that I am currently powering with an older ADA Mosfet poweramp. Looking for something with more power but with the sag.

The QSC RMX2450 is a steal at that price and is one of the best cleanest and most powerful workhorse amps out there. However, very heavy!

I am considering Matrix but not thrilled with the price. I would go Carvin is it was on par with sound quality when used with modeling rigs.

Any reviews on the QSC RMX series of power amps? I see these are also Class A/B just like the Carvin DCM1540L and the Matrix power amps....

Haven't tried one, but it's only 300 watts a side into 4 ohms. The DCM1540L is 750 watts a side into 4 ohms, over twice the power for the same price (or less if you catch a blem on ebay). I got mine as a "blem" direct from Carvin for $349 purchasd through ebay, and I couldn't find a mark on it. I can't see anyone being dissatisfied with the Carvin for the price.

There's actually some blems on ebay now for only $339!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARVIN-DCM1..._Amplifiers&hash=item2a2dd96086#ht_3459wt_946

Last edited:
I would go Carvin is it was on par with sound quality when used with modeling rigs.

I'm running my AxeII into a lil Carvin DCM200L
It’s a 1U stereo power amp, weights like a fly (4lib or something), and has enough power to handle a small club or a rehearsal with a loud drummer.
@ the studio I run it through a 4x12 and the sound is pure blast!

I used to run my II through a Mesa 2:90 which had way more power, bite, punch etc, but so was the weight.
I'm very happy with the Carvin, the bet in this case worth every $.
Although I'm still thinking to get the GT1000FX as well for big places.

I am considering Matrix but not thrilled with the price.
VERY same here

I have used my Carvin 1540L for the last two years or so. It sounds great, but I have had to send it back to Carvin twice for repairs. It was under warranty, and they took care of it in a timely and professional manner.

I have used my Carvin 1540L for the last two years or so. It sounds great, but I have had to send it back to Carvin twice for repairs. It was under warranty, and they took care of it in a timely and professional manner.

What was the issue, same thing both times?

I'm very happy with the Carvin, the bet in this case worth every $.
Although I'm still thinking to get the GT1000FX as well for big places.

If you're happy with the smaller Carvin, why not just go with a higher powered Carvin?

Back
Top Bottom