Can't update to 9.03

Sgt.Alexx

Inspired
Well, the "bugs" section seems dead, so I'll try here:

So, until now the afx has worked like a charm (still does on 9.02 though), but updating to 9.03 does not work. I've tried with two different midi interfaces (the LittleGiant2 and Digi003r), both which I have updated it with before, but no luck. I get a message that the update is finished and successful, but still the afx boots to v9.02.

I have also tried updating in osx and windows. I use the latest version of axe-edit.

Any ideas?

I think that message "complete" only means Axe-Edit sent all the bites correctly. That doesn't mean the Axe-Fx received all the bites correctly.

What does the Axe-FX do when the upload is complete?

I had a problem also with V9.03, tried 3 different MIDI interfaces. Finally went to my old AMD 1K box in the bedroom which has a SB Live card, I have an old Joystick to MIDI cable that I bought years ago. It has never failed doing a firmware update on the AxeFX, and did 9.03 fine first try. I just don't like having to tote my rack into the bedroom, I'm starting to think that there is some issue with any USB to MIDI adapter.

Well, the Digi003r is actually midi -> firewire :)

Anyways, there is no reason this should not work as my AFX has updated fine with this setup for a year.

Back
Top Bottom