Cant get my "Clean" tones Clean

i tried adjusting Input trim - Doesn't help at all.

I didn't continue reading the thread so sorry if I'm doubling up on recommendations, but this is like saying rolling down the volume on your guitar can't get you a clean tone either... If you really and truly are still getting distortion regardless of the trim setting, I'd say it's gotta be time to change your batteries or make arrangements to have another guitar plugged into it... Should be impossible NOT to have a pristine clean tone with the trim set low enough

Internal blocks can't get overdriven, normally. But afaik send blocks can get overdriven and when you do there will be no clipping led to show it. It's a hard clipping sound, but not unusual for guitar players.

When you use send and return lower volume in the amp block (around -10 or lower is good) and add volume back at the very end of the chain. Volume blocks or filters use not much cpu, first choice for volume boosts.

I took out the send / return blocks and made everything in two horizontal lines.
I also Reset all my blocks using the reset method and I changed my battery.

The clipping is now gone. I'm not exactly sure which one did the trick. It could have been my battery as I tend to leave my guitar plugged in while i'm doing things, however the battery is less than 2 months old and I did not get a tone change after switching, so i'm not sure if it was entirely dead.
The bottom was soft, unlike a fresh new one that is hard. So that battery could have definitely been the reason along with my terrible setup in my chains. ( i'm quite still unfamiliar with setting up good tones)

I have never seen a 9v battery get "soft" on the bottom, and I've been through hundreds of them over my lifetime. I think if you have a battery that had a soggy bottom there was a serious issue with that battery

I have never seen a 9v battery get "soft" on the bottom, and I've been through hundreds of them over my lifetime. I think if you have a battery that had a soggy bottom there was a serious issue with that battery

It was definitely "soft" and bloated out at the bottom. ( the black part )

I took out the send / return blocks and made everything in two horizontal lines.
I also Reset all my blocks using the reset method and I changed my battery.

The clipping is now gone. I'm not exactly sure which one did the trick. It could have been my battery as I tend to leave my guitar plugged in while i'm doing things, however the battery is less than 2 months old and I did not get a tone change after switching, so i'm not sure if it was entirely dead.
The bottom was soft, unlike a fresh new one that is hard. So that battery could have definitely been the reason along with my terrible setup in my chains. ( i'm quite still unfamiliar with setting up good tones)
Shame we'll never know since many things were changed at once. But the send/return wasn't necessarily the problem, thought the Output of the Send block should have been set to 0 and not 100. Again, the main issue with the preset was the outrageously low level, which makes me wonder how you heard it at all.

Always start a preset with the basic tone first, get good levels on the horizontal VU meter, then add effects.

Back
Top Bottom