Can you rename Scenes ?

This is the biggest issue I have with the FX8. I hope that we'll be able to name the scenes with the next update.

+1 it might tempt me away from using presets but I hope they also make the names big enough to read on stage.

How hard it is to remember numeric scenes ? If you need naming, create a new preset... ?

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. There are numerous examples, but I think the most obvious is preset sharing. You have no idea what the scenes in someone else's preset do if they aren't labeled. It's non-obvious, whereas preset names are usually self explanatory.

If scene 7 is the lead boost in a preset you download, how would you know that unless you play through each scene? Conversely, if it said "Lead Boost" you'd instantly have an idea of what to expect.

I don't think a lead boost (let's say with thicker delay and drive in addition to a volume lift) warrants a new preset in most circumstances. I also don't think it's unreasonable to expect that someone might not end up with a lead boost on scene 7 of every preset.

Just some perspective.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. There are numerous examples, but I think the most obvious is preset sharing. You have no idea what the scenes in someone else's preset do if they aren't labeled. It's non-obvious, whereas preset names are usually self explanatory.

If scene 7 is the lead boost in a preset you download, how would you know that unless you play through each scene? Conversely, if it said "Lead Boost" you'd instantly have an idea of what to expect.

I don't think a lead boost (let's say with thicker delay and drive in addition to a volume lift) warrants a new preset in most circumstances. I also don't think it's unreasonable to expect that someone might not end up with a lead boost on scene 7 of every preset.

Just some perspective.

Bingo. Plus, ... whatever. If it doesn't come soon I'm building my own dynamic labelling system and deploying it using ardunio.

Just some perspective.
No issues with the disagreement at all.... perhaps I just prefer a more simple approach.
I've never bought into the hype about having to instantly changes presets during a gig, and that one can't do so because one "needs" seamless switching. In rare situations with specific styles of music, but mostly I'd say not required. (flame suit on).
That "need" led to Cliff adding scenes.
IME - if one uses ALL scenes on a preset, and do so on multiple presets, one is overthinking and overly complicating the whole preset management process. You are tap-dancing one way or another.
I'm sure that's not a popular viewpoint.

If one shares presets today, there's no accompanying doc other than what is supported on AxeChange, and if one shares via the forums (as Yek and others do) the ONLY doc is in the thread posts - inline or as a pdf. It doesn't take long to figure out what's on/off from preset to preset.

My $0.02.

How hard it is to remember numeric scenes ? If you need naming, create a new preset... ?

I currently play in 3 bands. I play in an original band, 70's Funk cover band, and a Rage Against the Machine tribute band. I've named 3 Presets for each band. Example:

Bank: N1
Preset Name: Original Pedalboard

Bank: O1
Preset Name: 70's Funk Pedalboard

Bank P1
Preset Name: RATM Pedalboard

I'll go in a little deeper and have pedal boards for P1, P2, P3, and so forth. Sometimes I'll forget which*scene*is for lead, rhythm, or whatever. Especially playing in 3 different bands, several different pedal boards, and playing anywhere from 60 to 70 different songs from all bands combined.

The only thing I can do for now is write down the Bank/Preset/ make up a "Scene Name" in an Excel spreadsheet, then write it down on my set list when I play live.

I would like the option to name each SCENE within a preset while I'm in Sticky Scene Select Mode. Also while I'm in Sticky Scene Select Mode I would like to be able to see the name of the SCENE on the screen. Example:

Bank: P1
Preset Name: RATM Pedalboard
S1: "Funk Rhythm"
S2: "Guerrilla Radio Solo"
S3: "Solo"
S4: "Solo with Wah"
S5: "Bulls Scratch Solo"
S6: "Killing in the Name Solo"
S7: "etc,..."
S8: "etc,..."

In scene mode you will be able to read the name of the name of the scene. Click on the scene button, then you'll be able to see the blocks again. That way there will be no guessing or mistakes while switching scenes. sometimes while playing live the house will turn down the lights after each song. sometimes I can't see the name of the song on my set list, and it would be much easier to be able to see the scene name on the screen.

Same for me, in three bands all with different scenes and patches, sometimes just before i need to hit something i forget which patch is where!

My scenes would be 2 mins to mid, trooper, run to hills, 666, hallowed be thy ... Etc :)

No issues with the disagreement at all.... perhaps I just prefer a more simple approach.
I've never bought into the hype about having to instantly changes presets during a gig, and that one can't do so because one "needs" seamless switching. In rare situations with specific styles of music, but mostly I'd say not required. (flame suit on).
That "need" led to Cliff adding scenes.
IME - if one uses ALL scenes on a preset, and do so on multiple presets, one is overthinking and overly complicating the whole preset management process. You are tap-dancing one way or another.
I'm sure that's not a popular viewpoint.

If one shares presets today, there's no accompanying doc other than what is supported on AxeChange, and if one shares via the forums (as Yek and others do) the ONLY doc is in the thread posts - inline or as a pdf. It doesn't take long to figure out what's on/off from preset to preset.

My $0.02.

The reason I bought this was scene switching.

This is the biggest issue I have with the FX8. I hope that we'll be able to name the scenes with the next update.

Where would the scene names be displayed? S1, S2 etc... is all that will fit in the blocks and if you put it in where the patch name is, you won't see it until after you switch anyway so what's the point?

Someone needs to figure out how to put all of the graphical information on an ipad through the usb port. Then we can have all this. LOLOL.

The reason I bought this was scene switching.
Scene switching is a great feature.. I LOVE it..
my comment was about the need to label them all and about preset mgmt!
I knew it wouldn't be popular LOL
YMMV

Same for me, in three bands all with different scenes and patches, sometimes just before i need to hit something i forget which patch is where!

My scenes would be 2 mins to mid, trooper, run to hills, 666, hallowed be thy ... Etc :)

Wish my band covered Maiden. You listed two of my fave Maiden tracks! What's your band called?

Scene switching is a great feature.. I LOVE it..
my comment was about the need to label them all and about preset mgmt!
I knew it wouldn't be popular LOL
YMMV

All good. If there's one thing I know how to do it's be unpopular on the internet. Just ask Reddit. They hate any suggestion I make that isn't boss or costs more than 200 dollars.

Maybe I am not understanding but it sounds like everyone is asking for more presets not scenes? Why not just add sticky presets so you can name them all and skip the scenes?

Being able to assign names to Scenes has been on the "wish list" of many for some time now. I gave up hope long ago.

Back
Top Bottom