Can we get a mix knob for the Tremolo block?

You sure about that? I was playing around with this and that does not seem to be the case.

Any difference you might hear between the two is likely do to the fact that adding a parallel dry signal is boosting the resulting signal above unity gain at the top of the LFO sweep. The parallel setup is most likely louder and fooling your ears.

But tremolo is a special case. Volume change is the modulation. When you mix the modulated signal with the unmodulated signal, you get a reduction in modulation. In the case of tremolo, it's exactly the same as changing the depth of the modulation.

Mix makes no sense in a tremolo as it is the same as reducing the depth.

Ahhhh! Yes, I see now. That makes sense.

I don't know why, but I feel like I fight with this block in terms of getting the sound I'm looking for - e.g., a Steven Wilson wavey sound:

There's no tremolo in that song. Cleanish guitar part sounds like it might have a touch of vibrato (modulated pitch) on it. Use a Phaser or Chorus block set to 100% wet for that.

well... the tremolo is a volume fluctuation of the basic signal indeed!
so the depth is how much is the volume fluctuation... so the mix make no sense indeed coz there isn't a dry and a wet signals.
A mix make sense maybe only if you go with a parallel fx config when you have a chain without tremolo and a parallel line with a tremolo (i.e. panned more on L or R) ... then make sense talking about mix of the two chain.

Back
Top Bottom