can the axe 2 'tone match' from a kemper?

drsts

Inspired
i am not interested in axe 2 vs kemper. i own both and think they are both incredible. i have never understood the bickering back and forth between the two camps. i equate this argument with
strat vs les paul guitars. both great but different. with that said, i know that outside sources have profiled tones from the axe 2 to the kemper. can the reverse be done as well? the axe 2
with the mfc 101 is much more conducive to live playing, but i would like to use some of the kemper amp tones with my axe 2.

any help would be appreciated on how i might do this.

thanks

On the Axe-fx you will need to pick an amp that has the same gain structure as the kemper profile you attempt to match. The Axe-fx matches the eq profile of the amp not the distortion so you must pick an amp that uses as similar as possible gain structure. You then just you tone matching to match it.

you can find the tone matching manual here: Fractal Audio Systems - Support

it takes you through the steps.

Never actually tried it but it should work exactly like any other tone match. Even better since you can play a DI'ed riff once into your daw, reamp it through the Kemper and record that. Then use the same DI track and loop it into the axe fx. Find an amp model that comes close and do a tone match right from there. In theory it should actually be even easier than a tone match of a guitar stem since its the same guitar, same player, and exact same lick.

I remember you made some very cool Kemper IRs captures ;) Would it be share-able ?
I'll share those that I use. There's not that many but they work well for some cleans and blues/fusion sounds.
Which reminds me that my tone match preset of the AC20 is, in fact, not a tone match, but uses the IR I made of the KPA AC20 profile, with the Axe AC20 model and almost stock settings.
I tried tone matching the KPA in February but didn't like the result and didn't kept the presets. The tone match block has improved since, and my ability to use it too. I may do some new KPA tone matches soon, as I will borrow one from a friend again for a few days

really, really close. That was on a previous firmware though. I'll share it soon

by chance do you remember the similar 'axe amp' you used for the tone match?

i know that my opinion does not fit the agendas of some in either camp, but i wish that people would embrace both technologies
as complementary. i realize that both companies are going for the same purchasing dollar in some cases, as some can't justify
the purchase of both. they really are both fantastic. i also still use my 11 rack at times because there are a few presets that
have come around that are really great. for what the 11 rack is going for on ebay, it is a steal for the modelling beginner.

i am not interested in axe 2 vs kemper. i own both (...) i have never understood the bickering back and forth between the two camps. i equate this argument with
strat vs les paul guitars. both great but different.

seriously?... you have both?... well ... so I know very well why you can't understand the axe vs kemper querelle !!! :lol

Back
Top Bottom