Can I leave front input connection while using rear input?

Billbill

Power User
Hi all,
This might be a technically weird question so excuse my ignorance on the matter. Was wondering if while I’m using the AxeFx front input, and then switch in I/O to the rear input, can they both stay physically connected? I know one will mute the other depending on the setting so I assumed it would be fine to leave them connected while I switch between the two. Thx
Bill

For the Axe-Fx II this was configurable. You'll want to set MAIN INPUT SOURCE to Analog (IN 1). And INPUT 1 LEFT SELECT to FRONT. And then you should use the RIGHT input on the back of the unit for the second source. Otherwise you'll need to change the INPUT 1 LEFT SELECT to flip between the source on the front input and the source on the rear input.

See page 148 in the owners manual: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-2/Axe-Fx-II-Owners-Manual.pdf

For the Axe-Fx II this was configurable. You'll want to set MAIN INPUT SOURCE to Analog (IN 1). And INPUT 1 LEFT SELECT to FRONT. And then you should use the RIGHT input on the back of the unit for the second source. Otherwise you'll need to change the INPUT 1 LEFT SELECT to flip between the source on the front input and the source on the rear input.

See page 148 in the owners manual: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-2/Axe-Fx-II-Owners-Manual.pdf
Thank you sir for the fast response but is it ok to have cables plugged into both front and rear simultaneously as I flip between my uses for each?

Thank you sir for the fast response but is it ok to have cables plugged into both front and rear simultaneously as I flip between my uses for each?
Totally okay with a II model.

For anyone with a III reading this thread: it WON'T work for a III to leave front and rear inputs connected. On the III, the front input always wins if anything is connected to it. There's no way to change this in the settings.

Totally okay with a II model.

For anyone with a III reading this thread: it WON'T work for a III to leave front and rear inputs connected. On the III, the front input always wins if anything is connected to it. There's no way to change this in the settings.
Copy thanks so much I appreciate the help Sir!
Reason I’m inquiring is because I have two different rigs both going to my rig switcher “A rig” is my AxeFx2/Matrix and “B rig” is my Mesa MkVII head and I am going to try more experimenting with trying to run the axe in the FXL of the Mesa head but I need to get signal INTO the FXL block before going back into the effects return on the Mesa. Input 1 front receives signal out of the switcher so when I flip to the Mesa rig, the switcher mutes the AxeFx at front input.

So the Mesa head FX send will go into axe rear right input 1, but can I go back into Mesa FX return from Output 2 instead of output 1 like the diagram 3.4.8 of the manual depicts?

So the Mesa head FX send will go into axe rear right input 1, but can I go back into Mesa FX return from Output 2 instead of output 1 like the diagram 3.4.8 of the manual depicts?
Assuming your block routing on the grid is correct, this should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom