Can I get my AX8 to sound like a Binson Echorec?

csassakb

Inspired
All

I am looking for a delay sound like the famous vintage Binson Echorec

Can anyone give me any suggestions?

To be specific, I not only want delay, but that decay and modulation that the Binson creates

I played one of those Echosex delay pedals, and they sound KILLER!!!

Help is appreciated

Curt

Hi, I've never owned or seen a real Binson Echorec but a while ago I created this block trying to match Floyd recordings and youtube videos. It won't be exactly the same but should get you in the ballpark. I use the multudelay to simulate the 4 heads, lower the level of delays if you want less heads active. If you want also play with diffusion and mod parameters, I also like setting feedback to negative values

EDIT: this is for the axe fx only, for ax8 see my post below

Attachments

• Binson Echorec - Swell.blk
    464 bytes · Views: 54
Last edited:
Hi, I've never owned or seen a real Binson Echorec but a while ago I created this block trying to match Floyd recordings and youtube videos. It won't be exactly the same but should get you in the ballpark. I use the multudelay to simulate the 4 heads, lower the level of delays if you want less heads active. If you want also play with diffusion and mod parameters, I also like setting feedback to negative values
Thank you sir!!!!

I had a Binson Echorec when I was a kid. What a cool sound. It was...wait for it... swell.
HI. Do you feel the AX8 does a good job of replicating that Binson sound? Have you tried?

I was considering getting the Echosex pedal. That is probably the best delay sound I have ever heard

I have not tried. The Echorec had a really unique sound. The swell found was other-worldly. The eire green added to the mystique.

echodude.png I used to have this dude it was a very cool pedal.......Catalinbread took some time to make it sound just like the original that they had aquired...if I remember the original was Italian made........think I replicated it once on the AXE FX II............the AXE can pretty much cover all the various effects I've come across....get in the forum and do some searching...I think DLC86 has got u on the right track..

Hi guys, sorry but I realized now that my block is not loaded correctly in the ax8 since it was created in the axe fx, there were quite a few parameters with a wrong value and the sound was totally fu**ed up.

Here's the corrected one for the ax8 ;)

Attachments

• Binson Echorec Swell (AX8)_20170408_152328.blk
    842 bytes · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom