Calling all Coders!

Nice find prot! Needed a quick google search to see what that means but understand now. Certainly 5.0.2 findchild() seems better than rewriting with findobject()/getexpression(). Noticed Lemur 5.0.2 also increases the memory limit from 32mb to 48mb, best to wait for that release to avoid stripping functionality from template.
Thanks Prot!!

Liine finally added memory. I never understood why they limit it. Even 48 meg is tiny, and AFAIK, the iPad can handle apps with a lot more memory than that…iPhoto for instance.

Can you guys copy/paste a sample slice of code that shows me what needs to be removed? Thanks!
I'll dump a few features and edit code now if it means I can dial with Lemur again (I went to V5 by accident last week). Axe-Edit still has way too much unnecessary navigation.

Example: when auditioning cabs in AE, the cabs list window closes every time you click on a cab, forcing user to push the mouse back to the cab button, click, and navigate to another cab (unless you want to sit there scrolling…which is also slower). In comparison, the Lemur cabs window stays open, and you can keep touching cabs as you play until you hit the right sound. This saves a lot of time with the new user cabs.

Another example: AFAIK, AE doesn't remember where you were when you leave & return to a block. If I'm on the "tone" tab in AMP to adjust brightness, I go to CAB, change cabs and need to adjust the brightness knob again, AE doesn't remember I was at the "tone" tab and I have to navigate to tone tab, click, and then navigate to the brightness knob.

In Lemur AMP block, you can see basic settings and one tab of advanced settings all in one window, and it remembers which advanced settings tab you were at. When dialing amp/cab, this efficiency alone means I can work easily 2X faster than AE before the speed added by dumping the inefficiency of mouse-pushing.

No…I don't miss the Lemur-Axe editor. ;)

To all - I kept iOS 6.x on my iPad in case something like V5 happened so I might have an option revert to 4.x.

On my Mac I used Time Machine to restore Lemur4.1.2.ipa and put it on my desktop. All I need to do is figure out how that installs into the iPad and I'll be up and running. I'm thinking I delete V5 on iPad, drop 4.1.2 into the "mobile applications" folder inside my iTunes folder and then run a sync. Maybe it'll install. If anyone knows best way to do this, let me know.

Last edited:
Jailbreak your iPad and you can install any ipa.
No need. I removed V5 from itunes>mobile applications, dragged V4.1.2 into the folder, opened it, iTunes said there's newer version, replace or keep. I chose replace, clicked install in iTunes and synced.

Lemur V4.1.2 is now on my iPad running iOS 6.1.3
I loaded up the "old" Lemur 3.06 template in my sig.
Autosync works great. Everything works perfect.

We have have a working Lemur-Axe template for iOS 6.1.3
If we can get V5 alive and trim it down, we can add FW14 features and embrace the future.

Last edited:
Just discovered an unexpected bonus w/ Lemur.
If you rename a user cab name to start with 1x8, 1x12 etc, Lemur will auto-color the cab for you.

Lemur sorts Axe-Fx Factory cabs by color/size/type.
As you can see, this speeds up cab selection a lot.
13551116383_a4304ba0d2_c.jpg

In User cabs, we choose where cabs are loaded. What I didn't know is if you re-name to start with a size, the Lemur template is coded to auto-color the cab.

Below is my User cab bank in Lemur V4.1.2. using the Lemur 3.06 template in my signature and running on iOS 6.1.3
- The first two are non-ultrarez Ownhammer.
- The next 10 are free Ultrarez Ownhammer that I renamed to be easier to read.
- Next 10 are the Firmware 14 free Amp Factory cabs (TAF) that haven't been renamed.
- Next are Firmware 14 free Fractal Ultrarez.

As you can see Fractal started their User cab names, like the factory cabs, with cab size. It appears the Template auto-colors cabs if the name starts with 1x6, 1x8, 1x10, 1x12…same colors as the factory cabs.

I'm guessing if a cab name ends with "mix" the template auto-color those a different shade of the same color, just like it does in the factory cabs above. How cool is that?

13550984573_e53ee4f561_z.jpg

Last edited:
Question how did you get the code, what happened to the original developer?
I did copy/paste from the Lemur desktop editor. Open the Axe-Fx template, click on an item, copy/paste from the script window.

Last edited:
Lemur 5.02 is out and my Axe template loaded just fine which it wasn't doing before. I'm not near the Axe, so I won't get to test til later today, but I think the template will probably be restored to functionality now by the looks of it.

Lemur 5.02 is out and my Axe template loaded just fine which it wasn't doing before. I'm not near the Axe, so I won't get to test til later today, but I think the template will probably be restored to functionality now by the looks of it.

MikeyB59, did the template work with LEMUR v5.02? Or, like mentioned before the the "dot notation" on objects needs to be fixed in the template?

To all coders: I'm considering launching a contest.

The forum survey "who's rocking a tablet?" is showing 65 iPad users.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/84322-poll-who-rocking-tablet.html
If 40 of those contribute at least $10, and if others pitch in to forward tablet development, I'm thinking there could be at least a $500 prize for the first coder to fix the Dot Notation issue and add the latest firmware parameters.

Thoughts?

I'm totally in on that idea. I'd do more than 10 to get it functioning and additional parameters added. The extra ram allotment in Lemur now should mean that it wouldn't have to ride the edge of template capacity like Scrutinizer did in making it

To all coders: I'm considering launching a contest.

The forum survey "who's rocking a tablet?" is showing 65 iPad users.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/84322-poll-who-rocking-tablet.html
If 40 of those contribute at least $10, and if others pitch in to forward tablet development, I'm thinking there could be at least a $500 prize for the first coder to fix the Dot Notation issue and add the latest firmware parameters.

Thoughts?

That's a good idea.

I was thinking of getting an iPad. I've seen second hand iPad 2 (with A5 chip) for around 200 Euros, and was wondering if that's good enough to get the latest version of Lemur running?

If I had the time I would give a go at adapting this template for Lemur v5. But right now I am busy with finishing my MidyAX project.

I am still wondering where Scrutinizer is since there does not seem to have been any news of him lately. Hope he's OK.

Axe for Lemur looks like a damn great tool.

Last edited:
Great idea solo-act and sorry missed your PM, I certainly would donate to the cause as well! Was really hoping to jump in and take a glance at what type of effort would be required to get this going again but time has not been on my side recently. Who knows, maybe things will return to normal in a few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom