Call Me (Blondie) & Knights Of Cydonia (Muse)

If that voice were Bruce Dickinson, I imagine that's just how Iron Maiden would cover Call Me. Very good!

Hee hee... well it's certainly Maiden's fault that I got so heavily into music aged 12 and hearing Run To The Hills and Number Of The Beast hit the charts in '82

Absolutely hooked ever since (jeez, that's 31 years! :shock), so it's no surprise that a bit of their influence still hangs around! (thankfully ;))

Last edited:
Wow that transition into Knights was sudden. But it worked so well! And you played this at a wedding?! That must've been the coolest just-married couple ever to let you play that sort of thing there.

Great performance! I wish I knew the secret to such a great live recording on a budget.

There's no 'secret' as such A to the T... but unfortunately, it's not cheap either. Having this rig, feeding the Tascam DR-40 2 track recorder with its built-in ambient mics is what gets the results :encouragement:

Have spent a lot of time working on all elements of the sound since this was recorded too... will post an updated recording or two at some point

Wow that transition into Knights was sudden. But it worked so well! And you played this at a wedding?! That must've been the coolest just-married couple ever to let you play that sort of thing there.

Hee hee, yep, it grabs the attention!

We played Uprising at last weekend's wedding too :encouragement:

Oddly enough, some years ago, we really didn't look forward to wedding gigs at all, but these days, we have such a blast! Some of them end up like 'proper' gigs :lol (with the distinct difference that you get well looked after and pretty well paid ;))

Back
Top Bottom