Cab placement

Tubiflex

Inspired
Does it have any influence on the sound, where in the chain you put the cab ?
I always put it last just after the effectloop, so I can play through my comboes via out 2 and the PA/DAW via out1.
I ask because many of the presets of yours, I have downloaded has the cab very early in the chain.

I've wondered about that too... it seems that the best place for the cab would be last, just as it would be in a regular amp setup. It seems weird to have the cab be followed by other effects, although you could argue that a FOH engineer would want to add the reverb at his board, after the cab has been miked. At least in the AFX we can choose where we want it!

One advantage of modeled amps and FX is that you can place them in any order that sounds good to you, even if it isn't practical with real amps and pedals. I usually start out with modulation FX before the amp and time-based FX after the cab.

I always run my Verb, Delay, and Chorus after the cab. To me it yields a more studio like sound and feel.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Reactions: jon
I run the cab right after the amp, with maybe only an EQ in between. The reason is that I use a mono high-res cab, but I run everything else stereo. If I were to put the cab last it would mess all the stereo effects up I imagine. I've tried a stereo cab last and right after the amp, and I honestly can't tell the difference in sound.

Back
Top Bottom