CAB PACK 4 (UltraRes) Universal Noise Storage

No need to buy a thing if you don't want. The included IRs are excellent. IRs take time, effort, equipment, and money to create. IMHO, the prices for these IRs are insanely low considering the quality of what I've purchased.

The cost of the speaker cabinets, mics and pre's and the knowledge and experience of the engineers, make this a steal, not to mention the post-production time to screen them, and make it ready for the public.

Well we already have the ability to save a session so to me the biggest hurdle isn't saving, but handling file locations differences between users and their folder layout. I doubt that most of us go nuts with relocating all of the IR's in a pack so in theory it shouldn't be impossible.

I know that when I was using IR-Lab one of the coolest features was it's filtering system for IR's. The thing is that the naming conventions and folder structures had to be defined and maintained and then a database was created (just a .txt document). But once you got it configured than the app knows where the local IR's are located and can locate them and then you can load any recipe from any user so long as you own the pack.

I would be.

modern.jpg
Modern

Well then, let me get right on that sir!

OK, what I'm doing here is loading up all of the 4x12 Cali impulses for the SM57 and 421 mics into Cab Lab. It's really helpful to have them all available when mixing.

I'm incorporating two primary SM57 impulses for a more modern (4x12 Cali SM57) or vintage sound (4x12 Cali SM57 Cone), blending in a bit of the 421 for fatness and the harsh cap IR for the bite.

EDIT: (Sorry, I can't get the vintage screenshot to display but it's just swapping the two primary SM57 impulses I listed above.)

I'm loving these two impulses a LOT! Thank you Cliff.

Last edited:
Would be cool if cablab could export and import recipes ... Just XML or something that would set the parameters needed to make the relevant mixes ...

Absolutely. If you come back to a recipe you've done and want to modify it a little bit, there is no way to find back the "ingredients". A text file with the ir's used and their level saved with you ir mix would be a very nice add to cab lab.

I use the stock 4x12 Cali mixed with the Santiago EJ in the stereo cab.
How do these Cali's compare to the stock Cali 4x12?

Edit:
Well after looking at the manual
4x12 Cali

Based on: Mesa cabinet from the 80s with four Classic Lead 80 speakers, aka "Cliff's Boogie".

I guess i have to have this

Edit: Just purchased, and damn glad I did!!!
I already had cab lab and now i can use it!!
OMG these kick ass!!!

Last edited:
Getting some really good tones from the AC-30 L/R mix from this pack. Those 2 IRs are worth the price alone, in my opinion. Looking forward to checking out the rest of the pack!

I spent some time with these today and they're fantastic!

Well we already have the ability to save a session so to me the biggest hurdle isn't saving, but handling file locations differences between users and their folder layout.

If sessions would use relative paths and Cablab had a base IR location setting this could be made to work for everyone. ;)

Thanks matt steel
just made this morning a quick test with your information: great mix with 3 mic.
For the Vintage I used 121 cone, and 2 others mics with SM57:
Cali Vintage.jpg

Thanks matt steel
just made this morning a quick test with your information: great mix with 3 mic.
For the Vintage I used 121 cone, and 2 others mics with SM57:
View attachment 21109

Happy to help!

Btw... These are just my suggestions that I've come to based on my set up.

The real power lies in Cab Lab and the ability for each user to tailor their own IR's according to what type of guitar they use, pickups, amp, amp settings... Mixing these IR's really feels like the missing piece of the puzzle for me. Basic amp settings become less and less important when the IR shapes so much of the tone for you.

Happy to help!

Btw... These are just my suggestions that I've come to based on my set up.

The real power lies in Cab Lab and the ability for each user to tailor their own IR's according to what type of guitar they use, pickups, amp, amp settings... Mixing these IR's really feels like the missing piece of the puzzle for me. Basic amp settings become less and less important when the IR shapes so much of the tone for you.

So, you wouldn't recommend buying the cab packs unless I want to get Cab Lab?

That's sure Cadlab allows to create the right "sound composition" based on elementary micked IRs.
So you can built what you want... just a question of time to spend on !

I would be very interested to have some other suggestions of mixing with all the mics bunch we have in the packs. Whan you don't know exactly the mic capabilities, it is definitively not obvious to get the "right tone".
Some guide with basic rules would be a great thing... with the idea to build some Vintage, moderne, live, studio, low/high level practices etc.

I purchased this pack to get the AC-30 mixes (and support FAS' dedication to improving the product), but I am also very interested in the Carr Rambler & Cliff's Mesa IRs. I would just like to make a plea for a mix or 2 of each cab from the producers in packs like these. My guitar time each day is very limited & I don't have the expertise to really make the most of mixing IRs. I'll spend a little time trying some different combinations of IRs, but it's kind of a crap shoot for me. I'm all for paying for an audio engineer's expertise to get mixes of cabs the way they would be recorded by people who know what they are doing. :)

Last edited:
This looks like a cool cab pack and I'm definitely going to pick it up; I like what I've heard from the IR samples in the firmware with the Fender/low/mild gain amps.

sorry don't get it!
Why is it not included in the Axe Firmware ???
Why should i buy all this Cab's???
... are the included not good ???
Now it get more and more confused... What is with Ohnhammer and all the other Cab's ???
I really don't like this kind of busyness ... you get the feeling of ripping of the customers....
For the Cost of the Axe this should included in the Firmware...

There are 157 cab recording in this pack for $19.99.

This works out to 12.7 cents per recording. I don't know what your time is worth, but in my world that's a pretty sweet deal. Call me lazy, but I might not be too willing to get up a switch mic's around rename files, save new files, organize, market, package, setup graphics, on and on for 12.7 cents a piece. that's what it will cost you for these, if you want them.

With Cab-Lab, you also have the option to record your own - that's always an option, as well. Now, just a heads up, with this option, you'll need to invest in the mic's, recording software, studio time, storage media, room sound proofing, engineering and mastering costs, misc. stands, cables, servers, and on and on. If you can do all this for less than the cost of the package, you're an awesome dude!

Come to think of it - Cliff may not be charging ENOUGH for these - but I'm not complaining.... :p

I'm trying to buy this pack now but can't find the PayPal option at the web shop. Can it it really be that the shop doesn't support PayPal?

Back
Top Bottom