Buy a Fender Friday

That's really nice, was always intrigued by that model. The rosewood goes so well with the surf green, just a beautiful guitar! Congratulations and Happy NGD!!!

In my experience, the Silver Sky feels like a PRS. Incredible instrument, but If you want the full Fender Strat experience, a Fender is the way to go.

I’ve tried the Silver Sky and the Fiore with the expectations that it’d be the “optimized Strat” but I just found myself going back to Fenders anyway. It may be psychosomatic, but nothing could beat my EJ Strat.

I’ve tried the Silver Sky and the Fiore with the expectations that it’d be the “optimized Strat” but I just found myself going back to Fenders anyway. It may be psychosomatic, but nothing could beat my EJ Strat.
PRS guitars are perfectly crafted. Absolutely fascinating guitars. But for me they have the aura of a perfect, elegant piece of furniture. But somehow it also feels strange. Somehow cold and sterile. I would describe it as androgynous.
I learned to play classical guitar at the age of 7. Fat neck, nut width of 52 mm, correct thumb position etc.

The neck of the Sky is simply not as elegant as that of the Jeff Beck. Especially in the lower registers it feels 'wrong'.

Well, everyone has their preferences.

I had the opportunity last weekend to buy a brand new Fiore at cost ($1825!) as our local music store is closing (retirement).

I wanted to like it but I just didn't gel with the neck at all... And that was a deal breaker.

I had the opportunity last weekend to buy a brand new Fiore at cost ($1825!) as our local music store is closing (retirement).

I wanted to like it but I just didn't gel with the neck at all... And that was a deal breaker.
Quod erat demonstrandum 😀.
For me, the perfect neck is a WARMOTH 59 Roundback with 11/16 nut width.

Great guitar. I owned a 93 Jeff Beck Strat in Surf Green. Like a fool I sold it one time in financial distress. I loved the neck, but it is not a typical Strat neck. This was when the JB’s had Lace Sensor Golds with a what they called a Dually in the bridge. Very versatile and I thought the Lace Golds were great and no noise. Never could get along with the Fender noiseless.

Now for the PRS has no magic brouhaha. Check this video.

Back
Top Bottom