Busking with the Ax8

J.DavidAX8

Hello guys, this is my first post as iI recently joined to the waiting list for the AX8.
The question is, can I go busking with guitar, AX8 (with EV-1), speaker/s and a smarphone or tablet???
The idea is play backing tracks from the phone or a tablet ( I don't have but I'll get one cause I have read here that you can use Axe edit so recommended me one please) connected to the AX8 and make sound both, guitar and music through the speaker/s.
Then power everything, but thats another story.

Why not, you'll be the best sounding busker on the sidewalk.....don't forget the waterproofing...you have to run
Axe edit on a laptop or a tablet that has a full windows or MAC OS ...but once you have it set up how you want you won't need it on the gig.

Hello guys, this is my first post as iI recently joined to the waiting list for the AX8.
The question is, can I go busking with guitar, AX8 (with EV-1), speaker/s and a smarphone or tablet???
The idea is play backing tracks from the phone or a tablet ( I don't have but I'll get one cause I have read here that you can use Axe edit so recommended me one please) connected to the AX8 and make sound both, guitar and music through the speaker/s.
Then power everything, but thats another story.

You can make or modify your presets adding an FX loop that connects straight to the main output.

You just need a simple cable for that:
HOSA HOS CMP153 Stereo Mini Male to Phone Y-Cable
Link: https://amzn.com/B005HGM1D6

You can plug the FX loop on any preset you have, then you can use this as an "AUX IN". You can even play backtracks (I do that for practice :D).

Why not, you'll be the best sounding busker on the sidewalk.....don't forget the waterproofing.
So it is possible to do it? You made me happy
Why not, you'll be the best sounding busker on the sidewalk.....don't forget the waterproofing...you have to run
Axe edit on a laptop or a tablet that has a full windows or MAC OS ...but once you have it set up how you want you won't need it on the gig.
HAHAHA I won't forget it, I live in London mate, so if i want to keep dry some days I will have to play in the undergound, with all the eco inside it can sound massive.
So, it is 100% possible? In that case, does anyone knows about portable speakers for busking?

So it is possible to do it? You made me happy

HAHAHA I won't forget it, I live in London mate, so if i want keep dry some days I will play in the undergound, with all the eco inside can sound massive.
So, it is 100% possible? In that case, does anyone knows about portable speakers for busking?

Any cheap and lightweight PA speaker will do, right?
If so, get a cheap Alto 10 inches (like the TS210) and I think you are golden :D

FYI AX8 edit is an editor not really a live tool, imo. Learn the hardware, that will serve you better in the long run. I tried using a Win10 tablet for editing, yes it worked but was a bit wonky, so I abandoned the idea and returned it. I dislike Win a lot. My mac will do fine at home. There are setlist apps that send midi if all you want to do is change presets without stomping switches. Set List Maker is one.

Back
Top Bottom