Brrrrrrrr!!

Yup. A balmy 55°F now and it will be heavy rain Friday, then it will turn sharply colder to the single and minus degree temps.
Be sure your car tires are inflated correctly; my car systems monitor's caution light came on stating my tires were under-inflated 2 evenings ago.
Yes, you may laugh. There's a reason why this is serious.

Apparently, Denver dropped 40 degrees F in about an an hour! Northern Idaho hit -59 F!!!!

Growing up in northern Ontario, the coldest I can recall was -54 C, which is -65 F. The frost was coming in through the concrete basement walls of my uncles house about 3-4 feet below ground level!

In southern Ontario, we're expecting, rain, then a flash freeze and then snow into the weekend, with temps around -10 C. Expecting high winds though, so we'll likely lose power due to iced up tree limbs breaking and falling on hydro lines. Filling the tubs now for flushing water!

Currently 64*F with hazy overcast skies in my neck of the woods! According to the 10 day we don't see any rain until next week but I never hold any stock in a 10 forecasts. Christmas day is supposed to be a high of a perfect 72* might have to go to the beach and go dashing through the sand, Ha!

IMG_1244.JPGPic from the back yard!

Just for contrast heres another pic from a few years back after a light snow!

1084.jpeg

It was a nice comfy 44 here yesterday, then it dropped from 38 to to 8 this morning in about an hour!

A week from today it's supposed to be back up to 60 though. icon_biggrin.gif

Currently -4F. Was -14F when I woke up this morning. Good thing the sun is out!
Freezing Cold Weather GIF by MOODMAN

Yup. A balmy 55°F now and it will be heavy rain Friday, then it will turn sharply colder to the single and minus degree temps.
Be sure your car tires are inflated correctly; my car systems monitor's caution light came on stating my tires were under-inflated 2 evenings ago.
Yes, you may laugh. There's a reason why this is serious.
Yeah, put in some "winter air". The summer air suffers from shrinkage this time of year....

Let's see... just about to do my evening 3k walk here in Ottawa: We had about 1 ft of snow a few days ago, currently overcast and hmmm (℃ > ℉ ... calculating ... calculating ... calculating for good neighbours still on silly Fahrenheit scale ... please stand by ...) 26 ℉ - another foot of snow expected to start falling in a couple of hours with temp rising to the freezing mark overnight. Freezing rain expected tomorrow with a "Flash Freeze" event expected late tomorrow with temps dropping rapidly + hi winds causing a blowing freezing ice / rain mixture expected to create hazardous conditions and possible power outages. Then more snow into Saturday.

So yessiree bub!, typical holidays weather up ere eh!

North Western Arkansas is -1F and dropping… not that cold, but we ain’t used to it. I like to call it “Pigs on ice”.

Back
Top Bottom