Brrrrrrrr!!

Out again. We bailed to a hotel.

Pretty sure the heating pipe to my master bedroom is frozen. So I have that nightmare to face Christmas morning. Fun times.
hopefully once you start running the heat it works itself out with no leak. Try and enjoy the rooms while you're there.

And here my dumb ass was annoyed I've had to refill the tank on my humidifier 3 times today.

Sorry for your troubles, sir. Stay safe.
my wife was actually flipping out over my sink faucet leaking and we had a minor flood under the sink. A trip to Lowes and 3 bucks fixed it. I told her millions of people in America don't even have power and this is what you're upset about?

20221224_170141.jpg

A bit of shoveling to do here. 🤣

Our personal best in Winter is 8 days without power. We survived. Miraculously! ;)

Somehow we humans have survived for millions of years on this Planet without electricity on tap. I know it sucks,
but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't suck that bad----besides it is actually good for us to get a reality
check once in a while and realize how privileged and blessed most of us posting here are for 360+ days and nights
out of the year.

Lose power or water for a bit and suddenly those hot showers feel better than ever.

Merry Christmas!!

We’re headed to a hotel for the night. Utility says power won’t be back on until Dec 25 at 10 pm. Fun.
NOW I understand why the angst. Sorry to hear of your troubles; I should have checked various posts to find the source of the frustration. Be well, my friend, you don't deserve these types of issues on top of your work-related ones.

+1 - went on a golf trip to SC one year with golf league - they had a unseasonable but dinky snow storm n the freakin army was out, cars in the ditch, mass hysteria - we were like: wtf?, up n adam with our golf touques on, ready to hit the links - hotel staff tellin us we were nuts to go out there - we were like: "once the greens r thaw'd, game's on eh!, frozen ponds r a bonus cuz the ball bouces back on fairway. They're like: "f#%kin crazy Canadians" -

it's all what ya get used to.
golf touques. :D classic.

and a beer.

Plot twist!

It came back on shortly after we checked in. No big deal. Everyone was tired so we opted to just sleep at the hotel.

MiL, wife and daughter in one room. The boys and I in another.

I woke up at 3:30 am. Got the boys up. We drove back to the house and put out all of the gifts, stuffed stockings, etc. Then drove back to the hotel.

It’ll be a nice surprise when we get back to the house later this morning.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Plot twist!

It came back on shortly after we checked in. No big deal. Everyone was tired so we opted to just sleep at the hotel.

I woke up at 3:30 am. Got the boys up. We drove back to the house and put out all of the gifts, stuffed stockings, etc. Then drove back to the hotel.

Nice move!
Merry merry to all!

Plot twist!

That’s gonna be a great time. Nice job!!👍👍👍

It's called an interlock, and it prevents the electrical panel from receiving two electrical sources at the same time. In one position, you're taking power from the utility. In the other, the 30A outlet is n the loop. It slides up and down or left to rght like the example below. Nearly idiot-proof:

generator-interlocking-kit.jpg
This or installing a second panel.
:D

As a licensed electrician I was never a fan of those mechanical interlocks... Kinda does the job economically but puts the burden of applying the loads correctly on the homeowner... Could trip out generator at the worse possible time.

As a licensed electrician I was never a fan of those mechanical interlocks... Kinda does the job economically but puts the burden of applying the loads correctly on the homeowner... Could trip out generator at the worse possible time.
What about the one toopy linked to? That's pretty much my idea -- sits outside where I'd want to keep my generator and lets me pick and choose what it power at the break panel.

Back
Top Bottom